Skip to content

Problem editing Save game for Ipad with EEKeeper

LegatLegat Member Posts: 2
edited May 2014 in iPad (Archive)
Hello!

I hope this is the proper category for this, if not I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

I have an inportet BGEE Save game in BGEE 2 (both Ipad). My problem is, I made a poor choice in weapon proficiencies, since somehow most of my chosen partymembers share the same weapons.

I mean to change the proficiencies of the Protagonist

++ Two Handed Swords
+ Halberd
++Two-Handed Weapon Style

to:
++ Katana
+++ Two-Weapon Style

I searched a while and found this solution that fits my situation exactly. However, I can't seem to make it work:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29907/ee-keeper-on-ipad/p2

I followed all steps and it seems fine. I select the path to the folder "Baldur's Gate II.app" and that seems to work (when I change the path EEKeeper will give an error message for not finding the data. When done correctly it initializes. So I assume that works).

However at step 7, EEKeeper will not open the save games. When browsing for the same games and open the folder it won't work. No error, nothing.

Does anyone here know a solution or might even be so kind to mod my save file?
You'll have my eternal gratitude and I'll name one of my children after you.
Well ... possibly not unless your name is awesome. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've attached the save game in question in case anyone can have a look at it.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014
    EEKeeper's way of browsing in the Documents folder is what is causing problems here.
    Create a folder called Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in your Documents directory and then, copy/paste the folder named save, which is where you can find your saves, in the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition you just created.
    That should make EEKeeper find the saves, unless it checks for the in the user Library or somewhere else (I think that @Troodon80‌ could confirm this).
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    CrevsDaak said:

Create a folder called Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in your Documents directory and then, copy/paste the folder named save, which is where you can find your saves, in the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition you just created.

Or just copy and paste that 'save' folder to the desktop or some other folder and tell Keeper to use a custom location, browse to the 'save' folder and use that. Do not select the numbered saved game folder, e.g. 000000008-MySaveGame.

These are the same basic steps I used for the Android version since it also requires copying saved games over to a PC.

• LegatLegat Member Posts: 2
    Awesome, thank you, seems to work!
    For the record: It was nesseary to put the files in a new "Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition" in "Documents" so it would work.