Skip to content

Which is more powerful: Priest of Talos or Dragon Disciple?

StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
Sorry to start a new thread, but I couldn't find this on the internet and I am dying to know what you guys think. It seems to me that a regular Sorcerer would wipe the floor with the Priest because of the firepower alone, but the Dragon Disciple seems to be geared more towards defense rather than squishy glass cannon offense, and is similar to the Talos Priest in some respects. The Talos Priest can cast it's lighting multiple times at higher levels, unlike the DD which can only ever cast his special once.

So which is better?

Comments

• mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    it's difficult to compare 2 completely difference class.
    I believe that RDD is slightly less powerful than the sorcerer but the difference (both advantages and drawbacks) with it are pretty minor. Therefore RDD plays and feel like a sorc.

The priest of talos is a cleric and plays and feels like one

Overall, like you say, the RDD (or sorc)will end up being MUCH more powerful than any divine caster but they are really 2 completely different class
    jackjack
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Wouldn't a Priest of Talos and a Dragon Disciple be like real good pals, giving that they're in the same destruction business and all that?

In any case, I imagine the Stormlord easily wins. Protective spells against fire, healing spells, and divine badass offensive abilities makes the survival chance for the Dragon Disciple rather low. But what if the Dragon Disciple was backed up by Tiamat herself for that matter? Now that would be a hell of a fight!
  • ZyzzogetonZyzzogeton Member Posts: 526
    This isn't about who wins in a fight but who would perform better in the game.

Also why would the Stormlord only need Protection from Fire? They'd need to come up with a way to deal with the DD casting Time Stop, IA, casting Time Stop, and Time Stop, and Time Stop, pelting them with Magic Missiles, Melf's Arrows, Skull Traps, etc... then if they actually kill it, oops it was a Image and now there's another one that's protected from Dispel Magic with Spell Immunity: Abjuration so a Cleric will need to chase it with the Staff of the Magi. But wait it's Hasted and it just started spamming Time Stop again.
    T2av
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Well, ultimately the question reduces to arcane vs. divine, and arcane is more powerful. Hence, the DD is more powerful.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovelminsterjackjack
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2014

Wouldn't a Priest of Talos and a Dragon Disciple be like real good pals, giving that they're in the same destruction business and all that?

I said in my original post that the two remind me of each other, but funnily enough, it's not really how they relate to one another that causes me to compare the two, but rather it's how they each relate to their respective class:

The Dragon Disciple is a more defensive version of an offensive caster, and the Talos Priest is a more offensive version of a defensive caster.

That, and the fact they both have unique elemental racials.