Skip to content

GUI Icon Mod

wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
edited February 2014 in iPad (Archive)
As an homage (or really, just picking up where he left off) to this mod:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16155/gui-mod-wip-bg-ee-thumb-buttons-for-ipad#latest

This mod works with both BG:EE and BG2:EE.

This has been tested on an iPad Mini retina and an iPad 2 so, it should work with all other iPads. If not, please let me know.

As you can see in the picture, I have moved the pause and somewhat save buttons to easier access for your thumbs as well as the highlight and select all buttons.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Just use ifunbox to drop this in your override folder and all should be well.
Post edited by wolpak on

Comments

• wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    Ok, added another version I am calling "Pro".

The standard version does what is describes and gives a little extra buffer to the save so you don't accidentally hit it.

The pro version removes the help button and uses the free space to space out all left hand icons evenly.

As of right now, this is only on the main screen and sub screens will continue to have the compacted icons.
  • dukemagusdukemagus Member Posts: 5
    any chance of converting the mod to android?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Looks like it's just a .chu file, in which case it should work with the Android version just fine as it is.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    I don't think it will work. Android uses different .chu file for main screen (GUIW12.CHU) than iPad or PC (GUIW10.CHU).
  • xxTheGoDxxxxTheGoDxx Member Posts: 10
    Would also love this on Android :-)
    edited May 2014
    NICE, I got it working on Android! Just rename to guiw12.chu and put it into /data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override
    edited May 2014
    Hi there, I made a further concept for an even better (IMO) tablet interface. Wolpack, can you have a look if you can / want to bring this to life?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32177/true-tablet-friendly-gui-concept-and-plea-for-help?new=1