Skip to content

Custom Character Portraits Question

Hey,

Not quite sure this is the correct forum for this question, but here it goes. First time playing through BG and I'm trying to import a new character portrait into the game using GIMP and EEKeeper. From what I've gathered elsewhere you need to convert the image once you're done modifying it into a 24 Bit Bitmap (BMP). Problem is I seem to be doing this wrong. In GIMP I have the option to export the image as a BMP, but once it's done exporting I get a file with a PNG extension which is apparently unrecognizable by EEKeeper. So, if there are any GIMP users out there who would like to enlighten me as what I'm doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Portraits go in documents > Baldurs Gate:Enhanced Edition Folder > Portraits (Create this folder if you dont have)
    You need a small portrait and a large I think. There's a guide on the forum somewhere.
    As for the extension, try MS Paint? I think you can do it with that as well.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    No reason to use eekeeper. Just put portraits in the portraits folder, which goes in library, and a "custom" button shows up in character creation or changing your characters appearance. Make sure they are24-bitmap(bmp) with 210x330 dimensions. @Greenman019‌ you no longer need different sizes.
  • Carl_LCarl_L Member Posts: 41
    Ok... Thanks Everybody... I think I'm good to go...