Skip to content

BGEE - Samsung tab 3 - Doesnt work

Hi!
Yesterday I downloaded de game from Play store to my tab, but when I start the game the screen keep "looking for resources to download" in 0% along hours. I downloaded the 2,3 gb of game several times, but it really doesnt matter I always get the same answer. I hope someone can help me :)

Thanks anyway!!

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    You can try "force stopping", "clearing data", and "clearing cache" for the app from your system settings menu. I have gotten stuck on that screen before, doing the above helped me.
  • Sir_rhagnaSir_rhagna Member Posts: 24
    Mmm... Ok, i'll try and i'll let you know as it was. I can't remember how many times I uninstalled the game thinking that could be a problem with the garbage/residual data. Thanks :)
    Well, I tried what you said before and keeps working wrong with the same problem. I don't know what else can I do :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm looking up some similar issues reported for other applications. What a lot of people seem to say is that letting it sit for a bit fixes the problem; that is, leave the device on with that screen up for ten minutes or so and then come back to it.

I had that issue on my device (a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition) and all it needed to do was wait half an hour without me fussing with it.
    Ok! I did what you said! In a few hours I will tell you as it was (now I'm in the office, working). I let it running 40 mins ago with the "looking for bla bla bla" screen on top.
    No way! Still working wrong! There is no way to make it works fine :_(.
    I let it 5 hours running... But when I came home, it was just as I left.
    What happens when you tap on that message?
    edited May 2014
    It bring me back to the "looking for resources..." screen, and nothing else happens. I try to remove de adverticement but i can't, I need to use "force stopping" in my system setting menu.
    Do you know what can I do to fix it? Because I have no idea about what else can I do, and I really like this awesome game :D
    Have you tried rebooting your device (powering it off and then powering it back on)?
    Yes, once installed and another one before, with the same answer :(
    Have you tried flickering all the lights in your house on and off and turned on the garbage disposal?

That probably won't work, but it should really freak out your neighbors.

I'll do some more research on my end. I don't think it's the specific device model, since we've got people on Galaxy Tab 3 units who can play the game, but if others are having the same issue please post here so we can get a bit more information.
    CrevsDaak
    hahahahaha, well, I'm from Spain, and my english is like a full big bag of shit, so try to imagine my face translating the text, thinking: "What the hell? I read it fine? read it again stupid... ... What the...yes,I'm stupid" hahahahaha. At least you didn't said "...singing "la macarena".

I don't know if the problem is mine or is my tablet, I do the same that I do with other apps... I click download on Play Store, once downloaded it install automatically on Play Store, and finally click on the icon to play on the desktop. May I have to do something else out of this steps?

Finally, I give up for lost :(. Thanks anyway
    Ronnaann
  • reavenreaven Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2014
    Okay, getting a strong impression that those with a Galaxy Tab 3 (7") might be out of luck for getting BG:EE to work - as I'm in the same boat, with just 1 step further and some major image flaws.

@Dee - I saw you mentioned some have Galaxy Tab 3's that work - there's 3 different models of them. I think from what I've seen the 10" works, but don't know about the 7" or 8"

(I took a little unorthodox approach and fixed my problem with BG:EE ;o) But don't recommend it yet as I think I've got some unrelated problems - custom ROM. Suggests that it may be an issue with Galaxy S3 Tab 7", Android 4.1.2 and BG:EE. Eliminate one, and it works (have an S2 phone that works fine on same Android 4.1.2 version)
    Post edited by reaven on
  • xanthanxanthan Member Posts: 5
    reaven said:

Okay, getting a strong impression that those with a Galaxy Tab 3 (7") might be out of luck for getting BG:EE to work - as I'm in the same boat, with just 1 step further and some major image flaws.

@Dee - I saw you mentioned some have Galaxy Tab 3's that work - there's 3 different models of them. I think from what I've seen the 10" works, but don't know about the 7" or 8"

(I took a little unorthodox approach and fixed my problem with BG:EE ;o) But don't recommend it yet as I think I've got some unrelated problems - custom ROM. Suggests that it may be an issue with Galaxy S3 Tab 7", Android 4.1.2 and BG:EE. Eliminate one, and it works (have an S2 phone that works fine on same Android 4.1.2 version)

I vouch the game stopped freezing on my Galaxy Tab 3 10" after installing a custom rom, Pimpdroid if it matters.
    In my case is a Galaxy tab 3 10''
  • AmarantheAmaranthe Member Posts: 1
    The exact same thing is happening with BG: EE and My Galaxy S3 10"! I have tried absolutely everything; turning off app sync, clearing cache and data, letting it sit for 5 hours at that screen, all to no avail.

Please help!
    What a shame! I really wanted play that game on my tablet... Can I do something to make Google play give me back the money?
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    I had that problem with my Tab 3 (8-Inch). What I would do is press the home button, then open the app again, at which point I would get an unfortunately the app has crashed message. I then hit Ok and open the app a third time and play. After that it would open fine every time (until the next update).

If that doesn't work for you you could try to get the app to try to download the data itself - Using a file browser on your Tablet (the stock one will do) navigate to (in the device storage ) "/Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/" and delete (one of) the file(s) starting "patch". Then close the browser and open the game. The game will then download the patch files and then (hopefully) start properly.

I tried what you said, but the answer is always the same. It don't start to dowload, even erasing the file on "/Android/obb/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/". I just want my money back. That's all.
    Viga
  • CairnCairn Member Posts: 6
    If you go to the main page of google play, then click on the "gear" icon, then "my applications", then click on the three dots by Baldur's gate and select "report a problem", there is an option to request a refund. A warning though, google has been messing with the settings and data on that page so it may not be working right now.
    Sir_rhagna
  • RecilRecil Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2014
    Sprint galaxy tab 3 variant plays bg:ee well. It has a beefed up cpu/gpu (1.7ghz vs 1.2ghz) and additional ram (1.5gb vs 1gb) so indeed, I think some problems may be model specific. Edit: at Least the 7 inch variant)
  • danbis_ukdanbis_uk Member Posts: 1
    This was also happening to me on my Galaxy Note 12.2".
    I solved it this morning when I realised that the date on my tablet was set to be one day later than the current date. When I set the correct date it skipped straight past the looking for resources screen.
  • Viga42Viga42 Member Posts: 1
    You sir are a bloody legend, this fixed the issue for me as well.

after reading your post i figured it might be a dateline issue, being a day ahead here in kiwi land, but my date as set a day ahead as well and correcting this fixed the issue.
    danbis_uk said:

This was also happening to me on my Galaxy Note 12.2".
    I solved it this morning when I realised that the date on my tablet was set to be one day later than the current date. When I set the correct date it skipped straight past the looking for resources screen.

To be true, I gave it up for lost. There's no way to make it work... And Play store don't give me my money back. It's a pity, because I really like that awesome game.

I'm not sure about what Viga42 said: Do you mean that I have to change the current date to... another one? I hate my country to don't make me learn english when I was young.

Anyway, thankyou all for your time :)

P.S.: I'm sure that someday i'll reinstall the App and it will work correctly :D
  • GyorgyuszGyorgyusz Member Posts: 1
    Hi! i also had the same problem you mentioned and first i made a 'force stopping' then i tried what danbis_uk suggested. i simply set back time one day before (i mean from 7 aug to 6), and it worked! i could start the tutorial etc.
    i hope it works for you as well. and sorry for my English :)
    edited August 2014
    I'll try it again when I leave the office and be back in home. If it works, I promiss rape the neighbor dog several times, untill it says "I told you".
    CrevsDaak