Skip to content

Please Help: Save files on Android recovery for new BG:EE install from old

IonManVIonManV Member Posts: 4
How do i get the save files i thought i backed up from a previous android install to be recognized by my fresh install of BG:EE for Android?

I moved the save files back into the save folder
Computer\Nexus 7\Internal storage\Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition\files\save

and they do not show in the game...

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Cameron Tofer suggested an application called RescanSD. It worked for me and allowed to get my saves, portraits, etc. (transferred from Windows) recognized on Android. Even a reboot wouldn't work otherwise.
    IonManVJuliusBorisov
  • IonManVIonManV Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, ill give that a try.
    Well the app installs and runs but it did not work to get my saves back on my nexus 7...
    Ok, So it randomly started recognizing my files after a day of "turning it off and on again"...

I'm not sure if this really had anything to do with it but i installed a file browser onto my tablet and also installed backupBG https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxleafsoft.BGBU

The plan was to move my files to a backup folder created by the app. That didn't work as I would get an error when trying to copy there. However I decided to give it one more go with the BG:EE save folder and it magically started working again.

I will say I did some test backups with the backupBG app and it worked great and was very fast. So i will probably just use it next time. At the very least maybe the browser called File Manager just gave things the extra push.