Skip to content

[DUPE #7169] - Dorn's TOB Quest - Portal Not Showing Up

meyer467meyer467 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
Hello:

I'm playing through TOB in the enhanced edition for the first time. During my travels I came across the Planetar, did the fight, and then did the dialogue to initiate Dorn's quest to go remove our names from the scroll. At the time it happened, I didn't realize there was a portal there to travel through, nor do I remember ever actually seeing one. I've read through the discussions on here, and people said you just have to travel the map to get back to the ambush site, which I have done, but there is no portal there. I can't actually embark upon his quest to get to heaven (or whatever the name of the place is).

Can anyone give me some guidance on this? If there is already a thread on the specific issue of the portal not being present, I haven't been able to find it. Thanks in advance!

I should add, when I am at the ambush site and try to leave it and click on another location on the map, it will send me back to the ambush site. Every time I am at the ambush site, I have to try to leave it twice in order to get elsewhere on the map.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @meyer467 do you have any mods installed/did any type of edits?
    Tagging @Jalily because I don't know about the EEs ToB bugs.
  • TaearTaear Member Posts: 90
    The ambush area doesn't appear on my map for me and I had to do the whole area without being able to go back to town or rest or save - I actually assumed that was intended, is it not?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited February 2014
    @Gate70: Is this not linked to #7169?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @meyer467: Given the size and complexity of the "A" level bug (7169), I'm going to mark this thread as a duplicate of that bug...we're going to track this as part of 7169.

If you could keep a saved game laying around on your system and, as of the next patch, assuming you see that 7169 is fixed, re-test for us, we would deeply appreciate it.

If, as of the next patch, your issue here is NOT fixed, please re-post the issue at that point.

Marking as "Duplicate" and moving the thread.
  • meyer467meyer467 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Wow. I got way busy and forgot about my thread, assuming I would have gotten an email at some point alerting me to responses, so, no mods installed. I didn't understand the console installed comment (computer ditz running mac) and I will keep a saved around. ANd look at the other threads. - @Illydth: am I understanding you correctly in that there's not really a fix at the moment except to wait for the next patch? When is that?
  • MusstardMusstard Member Posts: 2
    I am having this problem. I tried entering the console command before i moved on to the area, after initiating fight, and after killing all but the planetar but i've had no luck. Have loved BG for years and finally bought EE and going through it, and this is killing it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated