Skip to content

Class For Chaotic Fighting?

Hey,

what class that has so many skills, like explosions, like the battle of Gorion and Armored Fiend guy.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I would say Berkserker/Mage or Fighter/Wild Mage.
  • FinaLfrontFinaLfront Member Posts: 260
    Hell yeah! This guy wants explosions!

That would be Mage and Sorcerer my friend :)
  • BGEFanaticBGEFanatic Member Posts: 67
    Yeah I want explosions! Massive explosions right in the treacherous faces of BGE!

So sorcerer and mages huh, i've tried conjurer and i kinda liked the summoning imp which can also transforms itself into many entities but when dual class with cleric those skills were lost.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486

Yeah I want explosions! Massive explosions right in the treacherous faces of BGE!

So sorcerer and mages huh, i've tried conjurer and i kinda liked the summoning imp which can also transforms itself into many entities but when dual class with cleric those skills were lost.

Hmm maybe the following is something you knew already, but after you've gained one more Cleric level than the number of levels you had as a Mage when you dualled, you should should get your Mage abilities back.
    My complimentsfor dualling a Mage into a Cleric, it's unusual, I like that.
    edited May 2014
    Well if you dualed, you wont get your abilities back until you surpass the level by 1 of your original class.

For example Mage3/Cleric3 cant use mage abilities, but Mage3/Cleric4 can.

Have fun with BG!
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited May 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

I would say Berkserker/Mage or Fighter/Wild Mage.

Wild mage cannot dual. Or be dualled to from something else. And using editors or hacks, makes all the fun go away...

Berserker Mage is more than enough...

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited May 2014

And using editors or hacks, makes all the fun go away...

In your opinion (and in mine as things happen), but not everyone thinks that way. It's a perfectly valid way of playing if you have fun with it.

As for the OP, are they sure they don't want to play something like Borderlands? LOL (all in fun).

I think though that maybe they are seeing
    Saravoks Deathbringer assault and thinking that was cool? you can actually play with Saravok in BG2 towards the end and then you will get it.

Post edited by the_spyder on
    @the_spyder‌ Given that the OP seems to be very new to this game, I'd probably avoid dropping any plot names, and spoiler tags all together. Everyone clicks those.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

@Demonoid_Limewire and @the_spyder, you guys think that using an editor makes the fun go away? That's very Lawful of you :D

I wouldn't say lawful, I mostly use editors to create more RP accurate characters, or to fix bugs. That's because I really don't like giving myself 25/25/25/25/25/25 and 9k HP, and I mostly play with combinations that have more penalties that bonuses, Fighter/Cleric Halfling, how good is that? From RP, it can be really nice, but it's a crap form PG points of view (since a Dwarven F/C is by far the best F/C).
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited May 2014
    @CrevsDaak, I also use editors mainly to correct things and to create unique characters (this morning I rolled a Maztican Wild Halfing Barbarian/Druid with 10 STR). I do consider abstinence from using a savegame editor to be Lawful in way, complete compliance with the rules set by the game.

@Demonoid_Limewire and @the_spyder, you guys think that using an editor makes the fun go away? That's very Lawful of you :D

Me? Lawful? Nah... I just don't like messing around with editors.

@FinalFront - point taken, although I think anyone who can find their way to this forum would probably already have heard the name before. Still, I edited it into spoiler tag.

• FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    edited May 2014
    If you want explosions all throughout bard is the way to go with a focus on 2 hand swords as they get access to wands, scrolls and wizard spellbook. As well they receive faster leveling so they get access to fireball earlier. And in Baldur's Gate 2 there should be a certain paladin that dies that drops a 2-hand sword that has on hit fireball for even more explosions.

Edit: forgot exploding arrows in BG1 so those too.
    Post edited by FrozenDervish on

point taken, although I think anyone who can find their way to this forum would probably already have heard the name before.

Yeah they might, but this:
    like the battle of Gorion and Armored Fiend guy
    Has me thinking they haven't yet. I totally get what you are saying though.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    well I use the editors only for aesthetics as Sune intended

anything else makes me feel like a cheat, but then I don't even dual class for the same reason guess im just a purist
    edited May 2014
    jackjack said:

Up next is Stonebeard, a Dwarven Skald.

Let me guess. He plays heavy metal in a Rock Band.

• FrozenDervishFrozenDervish Member Posts: 295
    @jackjack Eh, mine tend to be further along, but then I tend to skip Xzar so my first mage is generally Edwin or in EE Neera, but that is good to know regardless.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    You could play a Fighter/Mage who can equip a bow and uses arrows of detonation, Fireball, and Skull Trap.

Or a Cleric/Mage who uses cleric glyphs and wards in addition to Fireball and Skull Trap. No arrows of detonation, though.
  • BGEFanaticBGEFanatic Member Posts: 67
    Thanks guys! I'll stick with Mage Conjurer for now.