Skip to content

BGEE v1.3 just popped up on the Mac App store

Looks like the patch is out on the Mac - I have recently been critical of slow support for the Mac in BG2 forums, so let me be equally quick to say a big 'thank you' for the prompt delivery of the latest BGEE patch - I am downloading as I write!

Good job folks! Thanks.
jackjackelminsterCrevsDaak

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    Wait, what? How do I get patch v1.3?!?
    Just to clarify my last post: I bought BGEE (for the mac) directly from Beamdog. Is v1.3 not available *directly* from them?

(Confused…)
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    So v1.3 is available from the mac store but *not* directly from Beamdog?

W.T.F.?
    jackjack
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014

So v1.3 is available from the mac store but *not* directly from Beamdog?

W.T.F.?

It is not, as far as I am aware - very likely this was a troll post borne from someone who confused may 1st with april 1st - it is only available in a very buggy state for Android users or in a more stable form for beta testers, which you, as a direct Beamdog client, should qualify for, unlike us of the Steam gaming master race, who will likely have to wait another 2 months for it to be released.
    Not that I particularly care for its fixes - too minor to make a difference and doesn't include quickloot.
    Thrasymachus
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    No fool - the current version of BGEE available from the Mac App store is indeed v1.3.2049. I was surprised that it was released without fanfare, hence the post. I now suspect it was a mistake, as it has not been immediately followed up on other platforms, but we have not been showered in Mac reports of instability from the patch either, so it is probably in good shape.

If you look in the Mac forum, you will see at least one thread from another Mac user annoyed that they can no longer play multiplayer with their PC-owning friends, as they are now on different versions and there is no way to sync up - you cannot ask the Mac App store for anything but the latest version, which is currently a Mac exclusive.
    elminsterThrasymachus
    Why isn't v1.3.2049 available to other mac users, like those who purchased the game directly from Beamdog?

(*confused*)
    jackjack
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Because that would require some measure of efficiency on Beamdog's part - can't have that, it'd spoil their reputation. :/
    jackjack