Skip to content

#8114 - Kagain is bugged

StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
edited May 2014 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Kagain keeps spamming me trying to get back into the party. I don't know if I created the bug with my playstyle so I will tell you what I do. When I start a new game I have a ritual: I recruit Immy, Monte, Xzar, Kivan, and Kagain and I kill Drizzt (trapping him in with Kagain, Monte, Xzar, Immy and Kivan), then I recruit them back and go to High Hedge and dump all party members besides the ones I need and turn in the chicken. Well, on this playthrough I am playing good so I didn't keep Kagain (which I always keep if playing Evil or Neutral so this is rare), and when coming back to High Hedge in chapter 4 he is spamming the hell out of me! He is worse than Noober. It is really annoying, so I thought I would point out this BUG.

I am using the Steam version if that makes a difference.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014
    I have yet to encounter anyone named 'Kaigan' in the entire series, let alone a party member called such.

That was a joke.
    One which I already made before, by the way.
    Post edited by Loub on
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited May 2014
    Loub said:

I have yet to encounter anyone named 'Kaigan' in the entire series, let alone a party member called such.

That's not being helpful. I'm fairly certain you know what I meant.

In any case I corrected the typo.

Oh it's a joke!
    Post edited by Stormvessel on
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014
    Calm down, Samuel, you're overreacting - I was only joking, as I tend to frequently do regarding misspelled names.
    Post edited by Loub on
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    If you could attach a save file I could take a look.
    edited May 2014
    Loub said:

Calm down, Samuel, you're overreacting - I was only joking, as I tend to frequently do regarding misspelled names.

Ok, my bad.

I keep thinking Kaigan because Kagain seems illogical in pronunciation, like it would be pronounced Kay-gane instead of Kay-gun.
    Balquo said:

I already killed him. Thanks anyway though.
    Balquo said:

I am going to start a new game and see if it happens again. I will post the save file in the next few minutes if it does.
    edited May 2014
    Ok, so I created a new game with one of my rolled characters that I have saved for later, and I went and recruited my party and dumped them at high hedge. I went to Beregost and slept away 15 days, and then I returned to High Hedge.

He is doing it again.

The save file is attached. Keep in mind that I am using a custom portrait so if you have trouble let me know and I will switch to a default portrait and resave it.

You start in High Hedge just north of Kaigan. He is standing at the entrance to Thalantyr's shop.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited May 2014
    His second to last block in his script requires "InParty(Myself)" I believe I've seen this bug mentioned before? Well now we know the problem.

You can either add that to his script kagain.bcs or follow these steps:

1) Invite him back into your party.
    2) Force talk to him and he will complain about his quest.
    3) Kick him out again and he should no longer bug you.

______
    Reported #8114
    Post edited by Balquo on
    Awesome. Thanks a lot - I really appreciate it!