Skip to content

Slowdowns nexus 10

DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
edited May 2014 in Android (Archive)
Hey,
After playing for awhile on my little note 3 i tried the game on my nexus 10 tablet. Sadly I get some huge slowdowns making the game unplayable. Thought a system reset might do the trick but nothing improved, but if I quicksave i get a short performance boost that dies away in a few seconds.
I did play the beta on my nexus 10 and had no problem with it so I have no idea why it dislikes the full game. Is there anything that could be done because it's hard to play the game on my note 3 even if i use the S-pen?

Comments

• DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Please, a little help would be nice :[
  • MikkelMikkel Member Posts: 86
    I can't help, just putting in a note with the same problem.

Somewhat perplexing that the 2nd most popular choice in the device-focus poll doesn't work well, but maybe the issue just isn't fixable? Which would suck, because other than that playing this game on a 10" screen would be wonderful, but the speed it runs at just kills any enjoyment, unfortunately. Can't see myself shelling out for bg2 for android, at any rate.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    You should check out this post here and the one after it.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/504115/#Comment_504115

They explain why the nexus 10 has slowdowns and also a way to fix it (if your tablet is rooted...).

The short version:
    The nexus 10 has a very high screen resolution/dpi causing the game to slow down. This can be fixed by lowering the resolution of your tablet, and there are apps that can do this if the tablet is rooted.
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Wow, thanks! Will absolutely do this when I have the time, should not even hurt the graphic quality. Still not happy about how one has to do something like this to use a product I payed for. But as long as I can play the game on a tablet and not in a eye straining format on my phone I'm all for it!

Sad how there is not a single dev post in the thread explaining the problem or how it can be fixed.