Skip to content

Traps Location Bug?

My bounty hunter's traps are killing ogres and bears at the beginning of combat. Here is the problem: the enemy is receiving the damage from the traps before they even get close to where I set them. Is this an issue for anybody else? I'm playing BGEE on iOS.

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    It depends a bit on the distanceat which the traps trigger. Can you give an indication? They're supposed to trigger if enemies come within a certain radius of the traps, similar maybe to the radius of a Fireball. If foes are clearly further removed than that, you might be dealing with a bug.
  • DuckRacer86DuckRacer86 Member Posts: 5
    Shortbow range is my best estimate. I was kiting him back to the trap when it went off and sent a projectile toward the enemy, killing him instantly. Are you saying that the enemies don't have to step on the trap to set it off?
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014
    I don't think there is a bug here. Traps you set trigger differently than the ones you have to detect, they don't actually have to step on the trap, just near it. Thesis is even more true for the bounty hunters special traps.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Yep, that's what I meant to say. Enemies only need to approach the trap. I don't think there's a bug in your game.
  • DuckRacer86DuckRacer86 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks a bunch! Seems overpowered now though.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2014

Thanks a bunch! Seems overpowered now though.

They can be but the thing is that no NPC in the game starts out with more than 35 in their set traps (technically thanks to luck Alora's acts better than this but its still quite low). Most start with between 0-5 regardless of the level you pick them up at. Also since regular thieves are more limited in how many traps they can place at any one time (without resting that is) traps being overpowered is something that you are much more likely to see playing a bounty hunter (or perhaps a general thief).