Skip to content

Rasaad and Yoshimo spoiler! Don't go in here if you have not played through BG2 yet

So I just got to Spellhold and found Imoen. Of course as usual all party members have comments on Yoshimo's betrayal. Except one; Rasaad doesn't say a word about it. From what I can remember all the other new NPC's have had comments as well. What's up with that? This was a major moment in the plot and the developers couldn't think of a single sentence for him to say? Even if it was only "Rasaad stares in shocked silence at Yoshimo" it would still be better than nothing, yes?

You know, for me it's really these small comments here and there that really make the game good so I'm quite dissapointed actually. Anyone have any thoughts on this ?
Dexter

Comments

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    And now he can't even be bothered to say a few nice things when his beloved Charname almost faints whilst climbing the staircase in Bodhi's dungeon?? How rude!

Unless... Is there a bug involved here?
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Are you playing a mod? I've never had any characters really react to Yoshimo's betrayal.

As for Rasaad under Spellhold, he will say some things as Charname's problems progress. (Spoiler: You might even get a nice massage out of him.)
    JuliusBorisov
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Jenzafar said:

Are you playing a mod? I've never had any characters really react to Yoshimo's betrayal.

As for Rasaad under Spellhold, he will say some things as Charname's problems progress. (Spoiler: You might even get a nice massage out of him.)

A massage you say? Is this for male characters as well? He might actually have some use after all...
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Jenzafar I do have some mods installed, but the comments the NPC's do when Irenicus exposes Yoshimo would happen even without them. Are you really sure this almost NEVER happens for you?? Maybe we use completely different henchmen ;) Although I could swear I've used them all at least once and from what I can remember they've all had something to say...

@SionIV‌ Probably connected to the romance I would guess ;)
    LOL No, it's a romance thing. He asks if there's anything he can do for you, and you can suggest it.

I'll have to see if anybody says anything about Yoshimo on my current playthrough. I do know sometimes it depends where your characters are standing in the Spellhold common room whether Irenicus even says I see you have Yoshimo with you, etc.
    Fina92
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I somehow feel my rights have been violated knowing that because i have certain parts i'm not getting a massage by Rasaad.
    LoubJenzafar
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014
    ... And I had to delete this post.
    Reason: 'Too explicit'
    Post edited by Loub on
    SionIVJuliusBorisovJenzafar
    Calm down, y'all. He also teaches you how to meditate after you start turning into the Slayer.

Deep breaths . . . deep breaths . . .

:D
    JuliusBorisov
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Usually, the only characters that say anything about Yoshimo are those that have developed some sort of relationship with him. It's not an 'everyone comments' moment like the tree of life (although I know most modders put in a comment there). Rasaad and Yoshimo don't talk much (do they even talk at all?) so I'm guessing Rasaad just sort of sighs and shakes his head. He's used to betrayal.
    JuliusBorisov