Skip to content

Character stops walking after short distances

TurinTurin Member Posts: 42
edited June 2014 in Not An Issue
Repro case for @Dee‌

1 Load attached SoA save 158.
2 Observe Dorn is silenced.
3 Level Dorn up: Level 12, quest activation.
4 Move the party, e.g. towards the stairs.

Expected: Party move as ordered.
Observed: Party move but Dorn stops. If ordered to move again he will stop again. & so on.

Once the silence wears off he initiates dialogue.
", I would have a word with you"
"In private"

-----

After I leveled up Dorn to level 12, he started acting strangely: whenever I make him move he stops after a short distance.

By experimenting a little bit, I figured out that the reason for this appears to be that he wants to talk to me about a quest. But since he can't do this while silenced (apparently) he just stops.
(Edit: originally I thought the problem was being inside but it appears to be due to him being silenced, thanks @Gate70‌!)

Current behavior: if Dorn is leveled up to level 12 while silenced, he fails to give his quest and until he gives it he refuses to respond to orders for longer than a second or two (see the first attached saved game, "Bug bad").

(In the other attached saved game, "Bug good", he is not silenced, he gives the quest immediately after leveling up and the bug does not occur.)

Expected behavior: Either he should be allowed to give the quest while silenced, or he should not have his actions be disrupted by the fact that he wants to give me a quest until the silence effect wears off.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Turin‌ I had a quick look and it works fine where you currently are (Firkraag) if Dorn isn't silenced. Are you sure that the issue doesn't just happen when he is silenced? Try resting, a dispel, or outwaiting the silence and see what happens. I'd like to check we report the right cause here.

Thanks
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited June 2014
    Are you using any of the fighter scripts? If so, tell me which you are using, one of them is buggy and could cause issues like this.
    Edit 1 & 2: typos
  • TurinTurin Member Posts: 42
    I'm not using any scripts. I'll try dispelling or waiting out the silence tonight when I'm on my computer.
    edited June 2014
    @Gate70‌ Yep, you're right. My bad, I thought I had checked whether that was the cause but apparently not. I edited the OP.
    So why was this moved to Not An Issue? It's still a bug even though I gave the wrong cause.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Fair point, adding a repro case to initial post for review.
    Cheers