Skip to content

Unable to finish Dorn's first Quest

MoaanMoaan Member Posts: 17
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
Hey

I am unable to finish Dorn's first quest. I have accepted him into my party in chapter 2 (got a Journal Entry for that) and agreed to crash the wedding. I have done just that and killed every single guest (some were able to flee, though) at the party. I have not gotten a Journal Entry for that, though. Sadly, I am now in chapter 3 and noticed that just now after going through my Journal. I have tried deleting all the Global Variables with OHD in their name, even to the point were I bugged Dorn out of my party and had to meet him anew in the Temple District, where we talked about crashing the wedding, but the building was empty when I entered.

Global Variables:

OHD_WEDDING_START: 1
OHD_CRASH_WEDDING: 873522
OHD_CRASH_WEDDING_2: 2454261

Attached is a save game
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• MoaanMoaan Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the answer. The attached game is actually the unedited save. I'll try just continueing and see what happens :)
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    Hey Moaan, did you ever finish this quest? I encountered a similar issue. I agreed to crash the wedding and killed everyone in the first big room, but there's 3 locked doors which I can not open. I am going to try to find Edwin to see if I can use knock but other than that I'm not sure what else to do.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @AnimusRex: Those three doors DO NOT open...and it's really bloody annoying too. :)

(DON'T DO THIS AT HOME)

* Follow the Keldorn quest line with his family till you tell him to turn in his wife.
    * He'll tell you to meet him at the temple in 3 days.
    * On the way there, talk with Dorn and do Dorn's opening quest.
    * Find that the three doors are now locked.
    * Realize that Keldorn appears IN one of the 3 locked rooms.
    * Realize that doing Dorn's quest now invalidates Keldorn from ever returning to your party, and all items and equipment Keldorn was wearing are now lost to you permanently.
    * Cry. :)

There are several interactions with the Knight's Temple that doing Dorn's quest will hose up. The rule of thumb pretty much is: If you start Dorn's quest, EVERYTHING else dealing with that temple is now locked out from the game.

Moving this to "not an issue".
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    Oh wow great insight. I had no idea! I wouldn't consider it a huge loss since I wouldn't have Keldorn in my party, but if I decided to play a good party I'd definitely have him. Thanks for letting me know about this. If all fails I will try as you suggested in leveling Dorn to 12 via console to see if his next quest appears.
  • LordmonkeyLordmonkey Member Posts: 2
    I didn't meet Keldorn yet. However, all the doors are locked and no Bollard Firejaw. I cannot continue the quest chain!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Lordmonkey‌ if Bollard escapes (they leave fairly quickly) there is no repercussion and once you reach level 12 the next patron request works anyway.