Skip to content

how gain back my bugged weapon proficiencies?

hi all
i noticed that somehow weapon proficiencies of my main character is bugged and gone!
how may i gain them back?
thanks in advance

Comments

• jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    @Sylvus_Moonbow
    thanks for the reply.
    i don't see any Override folder in my installation directory or in my documents folder. so where is it?
    and where may i get this "EE Keeper" fix to correct my current game?
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    If you don't have an "override" folder you have to create it and then put in the fix file.
    For the EEKeeper, if you use the forum search you will find the EEKEEPER thread. :)
    Sorry if I don't link you directly to the right thread but doing this while posting via mobile is a real pain! ;p
    But... I could summon @Troodon80‌, maybe...
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited June 2014
    Link. You can find download links to the appropriate operating system (Windows or Mac Wineskin). After the setup, you can open your saved gamed game, go to the Proficiency tab, then you can increase or decrease the weapon proficiency and save the game when you are done.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    @both
    thanks.
    but where am i supposed to create this "Override" folder at?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    jahes64 said:

@both
    thanks.

Installation directory:

Drive:\Documents and Settings\Account_Name\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014

jahes64 said:

@both
    thanks.

Installation directory:

Drive:\Documents and Settings\Account_Name\My Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    Pretty sure its supposed to go in the main game folder (which typically would be in program files) and not where the saves and characters go (aka my documents/baldur's gate...).

In my case for Steam its in C:Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/ its basically a similar setup in the case of my mac.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Alright. If that's the case, then @jahes64 could also try making their \Override directory under:

Drive:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766

Guess I can delete the BGEE and BG2EE under My Documents. Crazy, these multiple directories.

Thanks @elminster!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014

Alright. If that's the case, then @jahes64 could also try making their \Override directory under:

Drive:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766

Guess I can delete the BGEE and BG2EE under My Documents. Crazy, these multiple directories.

Thanks @elminster!

Well I mean idk it could work in the my documents folder. I haven't tried. Also I wouldn't delete the BGEE/BG2EE folders under my documents anyways since that is where (among other things) your save files and character files are.
    @elminster @Sylvus_Moonbow, it does work. :-)

I could copy and paste a full list, but this isn't really the topic for it (it is only going to complicate things).
    edited June 2014
    @all
    thanks for replies.
    i made \Override subfolder in my exe dir and luck spell seems to be fixed.

as a level 10 shadowdancer, may i have how many weapon proficiency point?

and how may i fix one of my companion's portrait with EEKeeper? (i had chosen portrait of one of the companions for my own main character and so portrait of the companion is question is messed up.)
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2014
    jahes64 said:

how may i fix one of my companion's portrait with EEKeeper? (i had chosen portrait of one of the companions for my own main character and so portrait of the companion is question is messed up.)

You can fix the portrait with EEkeeper, but it is kind of an overkill as you can do the same by just putting the portrait files in the override folder.

The only problem with the override method is that the files need to have the correct name and this can be a bit tricky if your CHARNAME is using the original portrait of a companion.

All the filenames, including the replacement ones, are stored in PORTRAIT.2DA and you can look at this file with NearInfinity. Alternatively, you can post here the companion name and I will tell you how to rename the files.

Edit: or you can do what @Troodon80 says below :)
    edited June 2014
    @jahes64‌, when using Keeper, there is a 'Change Portrait' buttun directly under the characters' portrait. Press that, select you new portraits (small and medium), then press OK.

As for the proficiency slots—There are two during character creation and another two between that and level 10, so four in total.
    @both
    thanks for the reply.
    i managed to correct portrait of that companion with EEKeeper. (didn't notice that sliding bar at bottom of portrait at previous time)

now i have one more question:
    what is limit about weapon proficiencies for a shadowdancer?
    @jahes64‌, maximum is 1 per weapon.
    @Troodon80
    thanks for the answer.