Skip to content

Street Figher: Assassin's Fist Series

TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
edited May 2014 in Off-Topic

Watch Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist on YouTube

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-05-23/entire-street-figher-assassin-fist-series-streamed-on-youtube/.74850
Entire Street Figher: Assassin's Fist Series Streamed on YouTube

posted on 2014-05-23 13:45 EDT

Live-action series stars Ryu, Ken

Machinima began streaming all 12 episodes, plus episode 0, of its live-action Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist series on Friday. The series is also slated to air on television, on-demand, Blu-ray, and DVD.

Street Fighter: Legacy director and writer Joey Ansah is helming the series that began filming last July. Ansah launched a Kickstarter campaign last April, but he soon canceled the crowdfunding initiative after receiving full funding from unnamed supporters.

Ansah co-wrote the script for the new series with Christian Howard. Jacqueline Quella, who also produced Street Fighter: Legacy, is producing the series. Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono had announced the live-action feature-length series at San Diego Comic Con in 2012.

The series, set in Japan, is a coming of age story for Ryu and Ken, but also features Gōken, Gōki/Akuma, and Gōtetsu. Togo Igawa (The Last Samurai, 47 Ronin) plays Gōtetsu, while Mike Moh (Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, School Dance) plays Ryu. Akira Koieyama (Blood: The Last Vampire, 47 Ronin) is cast as Gōken, and Shōgen (Kaiji: The Ultimate Gambler, The Shadow Inside) is performing as young Gōken. Gaku Space (Shake It Up!, How I Met Your Mother) plays young Gōki. Mark Killeen (The Game of Thrones, The Dark Knight Rises) plays Mr. Masters. Ansah and Howard are cast as Akuma and Ken, respectively. Hal Yamanouchi (The Wolverine, Push) plays Senzō.

Post edited by TheCoffeeGod on
Demonoid_Limewire

Comments

• TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Started watching this today.
    It's actually much better than I thought it would be.

Wow, I'm impressed FUNi was the one that picked this up, but I'm even more impressed that it was picked up so soon after it was released.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-08/funimation-acquires-tokyo-ghoul-street-fighter-assassin-fist/.75328
    Funimation Acquires Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist

posted on 2014-06-08 01:15 EDT

Assassin's Fist at retail in fall

Funimation will handle the distribution of Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist in the United States and Canada through their Giant Ape live action label. It plans to release the series at retail this fall. It is also "working with international distributors Manga Entertainment and Madman Entertainment, who will be distributing Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist in the United Kingdom and Australia, respectively."

Street Fighter: Legacy director and writer Joey Ansah is helming the series that began filming last July. Ansah launched a Kickstarter campaign last April, but he soon canceled the crowdfunding initiative after receiving full funding from unnamed supporters.

Ansah co-wrote the script for the new series with Christian Howard. Jacqueline Quella, who also produced Street Fighter: Legacy, is producing the series. Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono had announced the live-action feature-length series at San Diego Comic Con in 2012.

The series, set in Japan, is a coming of age story for Ryu and Ken, but will also feature Gōken, Gōki/Akuma, and Gōtetsu. Togo Igawa (The Last Samurai, 47 Ronin) plays Gōtetsu, while Mike Moh (Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, School Dance) plays Ryu. Akira Koieyama (Blood: The Last Vampire, 47 Ronin) is cast as Gōken, and Shōgen (Kaiji: The Ultimate Gambler, The Shadow Inside) is performing as young Gōken. Gaku Space (Shake It Up!, How I Met Your Mother) plays young Gōki. Mark Killeen (The Game of Thrones, The Dark Knight Rises) plays Mr. Masters. Ansah and Howard are cast as Akuma and Ken, respectively. Hal Yamanouchi (The Wolverine, Push) plays Senzō.

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Why is Ken profoundly more jacked? Shouldnt they be, like, similar? Old SF2 player, when they are functionally identical.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I watched this when it first came out. It was so awesome.
  • OxvaOxva Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 80
    I was expecting more fight scenes, more action in general. I received a soap opera with short fights in between. I'm somewhat disappointed. However I'm waiting for second series, hopefully it will be way better.
    jackjack
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/26/street-fighter-assassins-fist-is-getting-a-world-warrior-season-2
    "Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist" is Getting a "World Warrior" Season 2

Home video release of the first season arrives on October 28

Did you quickly burn through the entire Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist live-action series? If not, it's available to watch in its entirety here, and series creator Joey Ansah announced that more is in the works during the Street Fighter panel at San Diego Comic-Con.

Right now there's little information other than the fact that the series will be called Street Fighter: World Warrior.

Anyone who plans on picking up the Blu-ray and DVD release of Assassin's Fist can look forward to a bunch of extras, including deleted and extended scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and a fifteen-minute epilogue. The home video release is set for October 28.

SapphireIce101

Looks like FUNi's release will have 13 minutes of additional footage.

Street Fighter - Assassin's Fist - Coming Soon - Trailer

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    DreadKhan said:

Why is Ken profoundly more jacked? Shouldnt they be, like, similar? Old SF2 player, when they are functionally identical.

Well, Ken's got more definition, and is also tensing up his body in that pic. He's not necessarily stronger or more fit. They're also played by different actors and not everybody's body is identical.

For a slightly headcanon explanation: Ken being a martial arts super star who regularly makes the tournament circuit and wins lots of money (and is also an heir to some sort of family fortune), has time and access to modern gym equipment to sculpt his body. Ryu, on the other hand, walks literally everywhere, eats what food he can find or afford, and keeps in shape by the aforementioned walking, practicing, and kicking the crap out of people. TL;DR: Ryu doesn't do squat thrusts.
    element

I'm a bit behind on this, but here's the trailer for the second season.

https://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF/videos/979076922174085/
    We are proud to present the Main Trailer for 'Street Fighter: Resurrection'! Let's see your reactions! LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE!

The first 2 episodes are available on the Go90 app, but...

https://www.facebook.com/streetfighterAF/posts/982436368504807
    For those of you unable to access the Go90 app, we apologise and hope it is not long till Machinima announce an international distribution plan. In the meantime check out this clip from 'Street Fighter: Resurrection' episode 1!

• kylemillskylemills Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016