Skip to content

Wh-why is everyone made of chocolate pudding?

KateishKateish Member Posts: 1
edited June 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
So I just started up a BGII:EE game today and upon entering Athkatla I've noticed every 'none important' NPC looks like they're made out of chocolate pudding... Only shop keepers, scripted encounters and party members seem to have any colour.

I'm not sure if the issue was in the vanilla game as I modded before starting up a play-through.

I had BG2 Tweaks and Banter Packs installed but removed them to see if they where causing the issue, I also verified the game cache through Steam. Still have chocolate people.

Any fixes I could try? Or should I just do a whole reinstall of the game just to see if that works? (urgh... want leave this till last as my internet is horrible, takes an age to download anything from Steam)

Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2014
    The game stores copies of the areas you have visited and creatures/people in those areas within your saved games. So, people will still look like 'chocolate pudding' in areas you have visited. However, unvisited areas should be fine, as would a new game.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/424179/#Comment_424179
    lolien
    edited June 2014
    @Tresset‌ - Since this appears to be mod-related, perhaps this thread should be moved to the Modding forums?
    Tresset
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Yeah, this is BG2 Tweak's 'Commoners Wear Drab Colors'. I'm really not sure when or why this bug appears; I've gotten it sometimes in BGEE, and sometimes not. For now, either start a new game if you're not far, or just accept they'll be brown in places you've already been and go on with it.

(Though uninstalling mods midgame can sort of be trouble. Starting a new game period might be wise, especially if you ever plan on installing other mods or reinstalling, due to string errors.)
    SionIVCrevsDaakAstroBryGuySCARY_WIZARD
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    With all due respect, that's the least appetizing pudding I've ever seen. 0 Stars, would not eat at that establishment again.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2015
    Necro time:

I have chocolate pudding people and I didn't install drab colours. I have had drab colours installed in they past, but I ran into this exact problem so I haven't touched it since.

Mod list:

-BP Acension

-don'ttakemyloot

-Strongholds for NPCs

-A bunch of banter packs and Imoen romance.

-BG2tweaks

-Scales of Balance

-SCS

The only new mods I have installed for this run is Scales of Balance and don'ttakemystuff, but why would either of those mods turn peasants into chocolate?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hey @subtledoctor, sorry for the late reply, but I fixed it, also BG is werid. This was a fresh install on new freaking hardrive but I had my saved games and other documents backedup. So some old settings stuck around, Like a random item pack I didn't install this time around and the drab colours mod. I had to reinstall and then uninstall drab colours and then everything was good.
    Infinity Engine games store copies of areas you have visited (and the creatures in them) in the saved game files. So, un-installing a mod that say, changes the color palettes of creatures, won't remove that change from creatures in areas you have visited. You need to start a new game.
    That's the weird thing @AstroBryGuy this was a new game. I actaully noticed it in chateau Irenicus as all the shadow thieves were chocolate coloured and I had NOT installed the drab colours mod. So I went to the surface and everbody was brown, so I loaded up my last chateau Irenicus and installed drab colours, go up people still brown. So reload uninstall drab colours, go to the surface and all the colours were fixed.