Skip to content

Contaminated Ore and Vial of Mysterious Liquid

Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
I know these are supposed to do something. I looked it up and it says talk to Berrun Ghastkill and he'll send you on a quest to go see Mage dude at High Hedge and Smithy dude in Beregost. Berrun Ghastkill is gone now after talking to him :( Did he go somewhere else? I can still find him?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I don't think this is part of BGEE? It used to be a content for BG1 Unfinished Business.
    BlackravenmeaglothAstroBryGuy
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Once you've reported back to Berrun Ghastkill with Mulahey's Holy Symbol after clearing the Nashkel Mine, then he leaves and you won't meet him again.

You can sell the Vials of Mysterious Liquid for a trivial amount of gold (e.g. to Feldepost's Inn), but all you can do with the Contaminated Ore is throw it away.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I created a poisoned arrow item based on a regular arrow then wrote a small script that will let you dip regular arrows into the vials of mysterious liquid and poison them, but each vial can coat only three sets of arrows. In "real life" this is something you could do, figuring that the vial contains a mineral poison/contaminant.

We should probably count ourselves lucky that the weakened iron at the beginning of the game negatively impacts only weapons. It would be unfortunate for your fighter's splint or plate mail to fail and break in the middle of a battle.
    jackjack
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    edited June 2014
    You're right; with the old CD version I have, you could bring the vials to that mage in High Hedge, and the ore to the blacksmith in Beregost (or vice versa, I forget) and they'd tell you a little bit about it, but nothing much happened. I don't even think you got points for it. Even so, I wish you could still do that.
    dstoltzfus
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I am 99,99999998% the parts were you visit the smith and mage of Beregost is mod material. Unfinished Business, iirc.
    AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

I created a poisoned arrow item based on a regular arrow then wrote a small script that will let you dip regular arrows into the vials of mysterious liquid and poison them, but each vial can coat only three sets of arrows. In "real life" this is something you could do, figuring that the vial contains a mineral poison/contaminant.

We should probably count ourselves lucky that the weakened iron at the beginning of the game negatively impacts only weapons. It would be unfortunate for your fighter's splint or plate mail to fail and break in the middle of a battle.

There's a component of BG2 Tweaks for that! ;-)

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/content.php
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I was blissfully unaware of that since I don't use other people's mods. I suspect that most of my personal alterations to the games have also been done by others, as well, but that means only that the other modder and I were on the same page. That similar line of reasoning probably extends as far as a few other very minor alterations I have made such as updating the dialog for the gamesmen in Nashkel so that if you have used the Luck spell you always win--it really *is* possible to "come in poor, walk out rich".
  • Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
    jackjack said:

Also, don't drink the liquid. Found that out the hard way.

Isn't it Koo-Aid? =P
    jackjackJuliusBorisov