Skip to content

Ring of Fate?

kitasemuatanahkitasemuatanah Member Posts: 12
Hi everybody. I remembered that I had this ring in a game of mine a month ago. My mac got busted and had to re-install everything. I am quite sure it is from a mod. I have installed all the mods in order minus some of the npcs. Would be much appreciated if anyone could help me with this one.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2014
    It could be Vampire Tales. I never played this mod, but, according to Google, it has a Ring of Fate in it.

Edit: Replaced the link with the correct one for BGII:EE
    Post edited by Erg on
    lolienkitasemuatanah
  • kitasemuatanahkitasemuatanah Member Posts: 12
    Yep I think that is the answer. The problem is, I got Vampire Tales installed but the ring is nowhere to be seen. The only thing I did different this time by was to include Questpack in the install order. Maybe that's the reason the ring isn't in my game right now.

Btw, Thank you very much for the help :)
    I downloaded the mod to look at the files with NI. To get the ring, you have to do the Harper Quest with Jaheira, because Galvarey should have the ring (unless another mod is altering Galvarey too).

You can also get the ring with the console, using the following command:

C:CreateItem("CMGRIN02")
    elminsterkitasemuatanah
    edited June 2014
    Did that quest early on remembering that that ring was obtainable in chapter 2. But not in this one. Tried the cluaconsole thingy and it doesn't exist. Downloaded ee keeper for mac and did an item check, it is not in the game as well.

I truly believe it has something to do with questpack mod since that is the only mod that I've added in this installation.

Anyhow Erg, from the bottom of my heart, I thank thee. My life will be harder now since I'm on scs hlas to all mages soa and tob :(
    edited June 2014

Tried the cluaconsole thingy and it doesn't exist. Downloaded ee keeper for mac and did an item check, it is not in the game as well.

@kitasemuatanah, that's weird. Even if another mod is interfering, the CLUA console and EEKeeper should find the ring. Check if the mod is correctly installed by looking at the files WeiDU.log and SETUP-VAMPIRETALES.DEBUG. If you want, you can attach those files here (you'll have to zip or rar them first) and I can take a look.

Edit: additionally you can check if the file CMGRIN02.itm is present in your override folder. If not, the mod is not installed correctly.
    elminsterkitasemuatanah
    Erg said:

Tried the cluaconsole thingy and it doesn't exist. Downloaded ee keeper for mac and did an item check, it is not in the game as well.

@kitasemuatanah, that's weird. Even if another mod is interfering, the CLUA console and EEKeeper should find the ring. Check if the mod is correctly installed by looking at the files WeiDU.log and SETUP-VAMPIRETALES.DEBUG. If you want, you can attach those files here (you'll have to zip or rar them first) and I can take a look.

Edit: additionally you can check if the file CMGRIN02.itm is present in your override folder. If not, the mod is not installed correctly.
    Did a search using spotlight for CMGRIN02.itm but to no avail. So here's the attachment.

One more thing. Noticed something funny with Miriam's name. Her name is now Die, insect believe it or not.

01.zip 14.7K

Did a search using spotlight for CMGRIN02.itm but to no avail.

@kitasemuatanah, the ring is missing because you did install only the 1st and the 4th component of Vampire Tales. In particular the ring belongs to the second component ("Improved Harper Fight"). You can try reinstalling the mod and selecting this component, while keeping unchanged the others.

One more thing. Noticed something funny with Miriam's name. Her name is now Die, insect believe it or not.

This may be more difficult or even impossible (without starting a new game) to fix. I don't see any error regarding dialog.tlk in the debug file, WeiDU is up to date and the path used for dialog.tlk is the correct one (lang/en_us/dialog.tlk).

Are you using old saves with a new installation or did you change mod order during your game by uninstalling and reinstalling them? If this is indeed the case, I'm afraid there nothing you can do other than restarting a new game.
    elminsterkitasemuatanah
    Yup did not install that component because I fear it will interfere with the harper's quest from quest pack mod. I'll take note of that for my next run.

Nope installed everything in order with no uninstalling and reinstalling in any of them and started a new game as usual. I've read somewhere that Miriam error got to do with the Encounters mod. Not too sure about that and not a problem for me since I have no intention to take Miriam in a foreseeable future.

Not gonna waste my time to redo everything again (Took me 2 hours just to install scs). Guess I'll just have to make do without the Ring of Fate for the time being. Darn.

Thanks again Erg for your effort. Appreciated it very much :)

Erg