Skip to content

total newbie - what tools i need and howtoos

quertasquertas Member Posts: 17
hiya all.. what tools do i need to start modding bg2 ee and how do i start or mod
thanks

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    edited June 2014
    Give this a read and see if it helps. The full series is not yet written, so this one piece will perhaps leave you wanting. If you have any questions afterwards, and you probably will, feel free to ask them, so I know what to answer, or if I've omitted something from the first piece.

Edit: the BBCode will be presented raw, but it should be understandable even so.
    Ergelminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If you are looking at doing an NPC mod I found this to be pretty helpful

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZNVRttHGVV8GOQ-CYWyTMHh-3MErQ1T_KusJkCtYtk0/edit?pli=1#
  • quertasquertas Member Posts: 17
    was thinking of creating more clases or kits...and if possible doing races.. i just dont know where to start
    got near infinity and ee keeper...how can i edit items and get them into the game...i tried making a flaming 2 hander sword and i cant change some of the info and stuff... help is appreciated in using near infini
    ty
    where cna i find quick and easy tutorials if such exists would be helpful
    tring dltcp but it doesnt work to load the weapon in ee keeper..well that works but it doesnt show up in game
    tried with near infinity.. can sorta edit stuff.. only thing is wen i load it into ee keepr..and then load the game it appears as gold not a sword