Skip to content

Game Crashing at Launch

SerethSereth Member Posts: 7
edited June 2014 in Not An Issue
So I haven't changed anything to my games in the past few months, since the last patch. And everything was working perfectly back then. But now attempting to launch I'm met with a small white box that attempts to redirect me to http://www.beamdog.com/support/783?error=-1073741515&lang=en

But the site gives me a 404 Error. I have been messing with anti-aliasing for some Japanese games the past week or two through my AMD Control Center, but even restoring the defaults hasn't fixed the problem.

Essentially, I'm unsure of the cause. Any insight would be wonderful. I'm assuming it has to be some sort of setting issue outside of the game itself, but I can't really say.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Dee do you know why the launcher would be doing this?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What is it that's crashing? The game itself, or the game's launcher, or the Beamdog client? Are you running the Steam version, Beamdog version...?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    edited June 2014
    Update your graphic driver.

Any threads on this forum with /support/783 in it, mentions either ATI or OpenAL drivers to fix the issue.

See this thread for the exact same issue in regards to the Beamdog link, despite it being 404.
  • SerethSereth Member Posts: 7
    I suppose it's the launcher itself that's crashing; the Beamdog version. I purchased the games before they were available on steam... Essentially I run the program as admin, the launcher pops up with the patch information from November, I hit Play, the launcher crashes with a tiny white window popping up stating "There was a problem with Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition." and the button "Find out more" leads to the 404'd URL.
    Graphic drivers are up to date. I'm really not sure what's causing it. I've been toying around with my settings. Perhaps a new install is needed? Though I don't know if that will fix it either, seeing as I haven't made any alterations to any game files since I last played.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Open up Program Files\Beamdog\Games\00766 and run baldur.exe directly, and see if that lets you run the game.

If it does, then that will tell us it's a problem with your launcher; if it doesn't, then that will tell us it's a problem with your system that is preventing the game from running properly.
  • SerethSereth Member Posts: 7
    Hrm. I just tried what you said Dee, and got the error "OpenAL32.dll is missing"

After taking a look, http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/20192/openal32-dll-game-won-t-start

This thread actually had a link that had a downloadable solution. Everything seems to be in order now. Thanks!