Skip to content

Another No-Reload Adventure !

Hello guys, today I'm starting a new solo no-reload playthrough but this time without SCS, firstly because I'm playing some multiplayer without it at the moment and secondly because I thought it would be nice to first finish the vanilla game on no-reload before challenging myself with SCS once again.

I give you Dariel Rivendil, a Half-Elf Neutral Good Fighter/Mage/Cleric who started with 2 pips in Slings and Morning Stars. I didn't think much about him RP-wise but I think you can picture Dariel as some Paladin/Mage multiclass, he considers himself a righteous person and he acts like a knight.

I chose this character for 3 reasons :

-I wanted to have fun ! And triple classes characters are by far my favorite, even if I often give more credit to the F/M/T than the F/M/C
-I wanted to play something original and I feel like the F/M/C is underplayed on this forum.
-I want to succeed, which means some sort of arcane magic, in my opinion of course.

The rules :

-No mod except a Simple xp cap remover.
-Insane difficulty.
-Max HP on level up.
-Solo

After doing all his chores in Candlekeep, Dariel spoke with his foster father. Gorion told him it was time to flee the citadel and that it would be better to travel as soon as possible, by night.

But even protected by the shadows, they were ambushed by an armored figure and his group of bandits. All powerful was Gorion's magic, it wasn't enough to save him as he told Dariel to escape ...

The next day, Dariel swore to take his revenge one day against this man who took his only family.

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited June 2014
    Hey @Gotural! I just saw this now, and if it weren't for @bengoshi's post I wouldn't have... It's amazing to see how many threads like this manage to escape my attention. :/
    Anyway, I'm wishing you the best of luck, and I'll be following Dariel with interest :)
    Post edited by Blackraven on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited June 2014
    MacHurto said:

Will follow this one too! Without a xp cap you will get very powerful :-)

Yes. In bgee there are about 750,000 XP points if you do everything, which gets a solo sorcerer to level 12, and a level 6 spell Pick. You will get very powerful, especially with that *ahem* totally legit roll.
    Does anyone know what level that is, assuming you collect all the XP?
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    edited June 2014
    I usually get 1.2M XP if I do everything in BG1, but in a no-reload, some fights are better avoided so I think 800K XP is a more realistic number (Proesis, my last solo no-reload character, ended BG1 with 900K XP).

I am a bit bored with this playthrought, not gonna lie. It isn't the character but the game in itself, playing without SCS is ... so different. I though doing first a vanilla no-reload playthrought would be a good step but I think I'm going to reinstall SCS and try again. I will keep this thread.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @Gotural, I understand. It's difficult to take a step back from SCS to the normal game again. The only character with which I'd consider doing a vanilla playthrough would perhaps be a Wizard Slayer, because SCS pre-buffed mages do the Wizard Slayer's name little justice.
    I also think that adhering to the XP cap would make your playthrough more balanced and interesting. If you really made it to 800-900k XP you'd be lvl 9-10-9 by the end of BG1 instead of lvl 6-6-6, which is a huge difference. Or maybe allow yourself to reach lvl 7-7-7 for the extra Fighter 1/2 APR and for level 4 divine and arcane spells. Of course it's your call. I'm just saying this because exceeding the XP cap may make you being OP and that is likely to become boring sooner rather than later.
    To me the xp cap breaks my immersion in the game. Plus your extra XP from BG1 is transfered in BG2. I would prefer a harder setup to compensate the XP cap remover.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    @Sergio‌

Proesis was a multiclass mage/thief (keepered into an assassin). You can check @Gotural‌ 's run here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31357/proesis-s-adventures-a-scs-solo-no-reload-challenge-bg-ee-complete/p1
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    It seems I was totally wrong, Proesis ended BG1 with about 500k XP (My last screenshot is just before the fight with Sarevok, which I think was enough to increase her xp from 460k to 500k). I avoided all the werewolf island and the Durlag's Tower (except for the Wisdom Tome) so I was missing quite a lot of XP.