Skip to content

I'm having problems with importing a character to Baldur's gate 2 EE from Baldur's gate 1 EE

So as I was saying the problem might be that might be on my side is that I got Baldur's gate 1 EE directly where I got the second on from steam and in the end I can't send the character I completed the game with to the next game. I'm sorry if this the wrong the form I just hope this problem can be resolved.

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited June 2014
    You have to copy the save game directory from the Bg1EE directory (it is in the my documents folder, not in the program files) to the Bg2EE directory. (If i remember well, there is a final save following the last battle, but i haven't been there for ages now...) Then open the Bg2EE, create a new game and import the character from the final save. If you tried this method and still not succeded, than you need someone with more knowledge to help.

Edit: You may find helpful this (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27923/how-to-import-character-from-bg-ee-to-bg2-ee-on-steam) or this: (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23855/bg2ee-imported-character-from-bg1-with-portrait-pack) thread.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    You need to copy and paste your saved game/exported character from from the save game/character folder for BG:EE to the save game/character folder for BG2:EE. For Windows these folders will be located at C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition and C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition

1. Open your Documents library, and open \Baldur’s Gate – Enhanced Edition\
    2. Open either the Characters folder or the Save folder, depending on whether you want to import an exported character or a character from a saved game
    3. Copy the .CHR and .BIO files for your exported character, or copy the entire folder for the desired save
    4. Return to your Documents library, and open \Baldur’s Gate II – Enhanced Edition\
    5. Open either the Characters folder or the Save folder
    6. Paste the .CHR and .BIO files or your saved game into this folder
    Then launch the game. On the Character Creation screen, click Import, and then either Character File or Saved Game, and you’ll see your character or saved game in the list. Select the character (or the saved game and then the character you wish to import), and then click Done. You’ll be prompted to choose new colors and a new sound set, as well as confirming your character’s name, and then you’ll be ready to start the game!
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Uncle Ben give you a proper guide.
  • LoveofwarLoveofwar Member Posts: 11
    Thank you guys for your help