Skip to content

[URGENT PLEASE READ] Small mods: Level cap to 2,950,000, max hp during level up, etc...

leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
edited December 2012 in General Modding
Hi,

I'm pretty new to BGEE but I modded the game a bit, nothing too much.

File: lh73_override2.zip
Link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4xflxrrgSrwMXdtWTdGR3paVFE

Installation:
Please install the files you want to the override folder under Data\00766.

1. Level cap to 2,950k (Monk to 2,675k, max level 19 due to early activation of Abilities button)

Raises level cap to 2,950k for the main game and the black pit. Didn't want to break the character files that I'm going to import to the upcoming BG2EE, i.e. mess up with high level abilities etc. Call me chicken if you want...

I have browsed through the 2DA files and noted that most classes had their corresponding abilities embedded up to level 40.
But some classes, such as Druid and Archer, didn't have proper class abilities beyond certain levels (level 14 for Druid and level 21 for Archer), and Wizard Slayer did not develop +5% magic resistance every even levels after level 19.
Which kinda makes sense since level cap was raised only at TOB, and it looks like BGEE used mainly BG2 data.
Sorcerers will be able to use up to level 8 spells no problem, but Wizards are at disdvantage because there is no level 6 to 8 scrolls in the game (there is no scroll item files either, so someone may have to mod BGEE to import them from BG2 or use Shadowkeeper; but the good new is, once the spells are in the spell book then the mage character should be compatible with BG2EE) so cannot memorize them.

It looks like that unless BGEE is modded somewhat extensively, currently it is safer to use the level cap of 2,950,000 (BG2 level cap), than level cap remover, should you wish to develop the character that you want to import to BG2EE.

Files to install:
STARTARE.2DA
STARTBP.2DA
XPCAP.2DA

2. Max HP roll for level up

Max HP roll during level up. Couldn't modify Barbarian class.

Files to install:
HPMONK.2DA
HPPRS.2DA
HPROG.2DA
HPWAR.2DA
HPWIZ.2DA

3. Druid Shapeshifter fix

At level 13, Shapeshifter was supposed to get an additional use of "Shapeshift to Werewolf" but it was somehow skipped due to the ability "Shapeshift to Greater Werewolf". This file adds the missing daily use of the shapeshift ability at level 13.

File to install:
CLABDR03.2DA

4. Roll minimum of 15 during character creation

You cannot roll less than 15.

File to install
ABCLASRQ.2DA

Thanks for reading and please feel free to use or modify them in whichever way you see fit :-)
Post edited by leeho730 on

Comments

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    edited December 2012
    Great job!

Btw, is it a bug that rogues and wizards get to roll HD on level 10 and gain static bonus after that, but monks, priests and warriors roll HD last time on level 9 and gain static bonus on level 10 and afterwards?

EDIT: Okey according to manual page 141 its not a bug, its just like that. Rogues and Wizard roll the die one more level than others.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Thank you was looking for that because I really only wanted to get to a XP level that won't break anything for sure. Not that I will get anywhere near that with my normal play through and will probably wait for a propper fix for a solo play through.
    BTW if the no less than 15 mod works like I think it does it also means you cant set a stat below 15 which means you can't use dump stats and the way the game doesn't roll between 15-18 it rolls normally and sets every roll bellow 15 to 15. So it will be extremely hard to get enough stats to high values.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Darkcloud said:

Thank you was looking for that because I really only wanted to get to a XP level that won't break anything for sure. Not that I will get anywhere near that with my normal play through and will probably wait for a propper fix for a solo play through.

No worries :-) Also you might also export your character once it hits experience point of 60K (cap for black pit). There is one thing that I'm worried about is that Stalker backstab bonus does not follow the kit description (gets 4x bonus at level 15 instead of level 17). Shouldn't be much of the problem since Stalker gets 4x backstab bonus at level 17 anyway and level 17 is the maximum level Stalker can achieve with the experience cap of 2,950K.
    Darkcloud said:

BTW if the no less than 15 mod works like I think it does it also means you cant set a stat below 15 which means you can't use dump stats and the way the game doesn't roll between 15-18 it rolls normally and sets every roll bellow 15 to 15. So it will be extremely hard to get enough stats to high values.

True.
    UPDATE 12/12/2012 - Noted Monk High Level Abilities tab will activate at level 20. This is probably due to the fact that Monk uses High Level Ability table for the fighter. Please overwrite XPCAP.2DA file to the new one or change the experience cap for Monk to lower than 2,700k. There is no need to restart the game as long as monk character has not reached level 20.

Well this means no normal weapon immunity-bugger!
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Why exactly is this "urgent"?
    Didn't want anyone to advance too far using my mod and find out that they can't level up to 20 in Monk before it is too late. You have a point that it may not be an urgent matter I kinda take responsibility of my work and ensure that my work won't screw anyone.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.