Skip to content

Stuck in Durlag's labyrinth level 3

Hey guys. Is there any way to reset the 4 bosses on this level? I killed them in the wrong order and they won't respawn. I can't back up because the doors in level 2 are locked and I can't get to the switches

Comments

• MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Doesn't resting reset doors?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Are you using SCS or some other mod? The order you kill them in should not matter in an unmodded game.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    @Tresset I think OP is playing the original BG1 and that the bug is only present in it.
    I don't ever recall encountering such a bug in vBG1.
    @elminster I looked up that bug you mentioned and it appears to be a bug with the SCS mod. This is why I would need a reply to my questions in order to help fix it. :/ Anyway since I strongly suspect a mod and I am not familiar with mods I don't think I can do anything about this anyway.
    edited June 2014
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/231/bugfix-durlag-s-tower-level-3-no-teleportation-to-chess-room

The reason I assumed he/she is playing the original BG1 is that he/she wrote "the only save game i could revert to is just after I installed the expansion :(" on the general question thread (when he/she was asking about this issue). I just suggested that they look into using the MoveToArea code with the console.

Edit: Then again my own link appears to suggest its probably an SCS bug, so nevermind :)
  • dun93oncrawlerdun93oncrawler Member Posts: 24
    Thank's guys. And Tresset, I didn't add any mod's
    Hey elminster, I don't know if I have the enhanced edition. The box says gold edition
    edited June 2014
    Ok that is the original game. From what I can tell you should be able to use a MoveToArea code in it. Its frankly likely the best way to get past this particular issue (because I don't know if reloading will help).

You want to find a file on you computer called "baldur.ini"

It should be in either some folder in "my documents" or in the games main install location in program files.

Open the file and beneath "Game Options" (on another line) put in

Cheats=1

Now when you are in the game (as in you've loaded your character and are on the same screen you'd fight combat in) select all of your characters and then hit Ctrl+Tab and type in

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("ARD006")
    Post edited by elminster on
    Lmao I just started BG2 and lent 1 to a friend. Thank you so much for the help though; I've got your advice on a sticky note on the side of my modem now and it'll be some great anticipation since I had never played BG1 before, just 2 and IT'LL be fun until I see my Cleric on 1 again.

Just outta curiosity whats your favorite class to play?

Oh s#*t, and I'm a dude btw