Skip to content

[Known 8604] Minor oddity: pale green ioun stone

_Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Why does Edwin lose two hit points after resting? I mean, when I rest , Edwin gets back his hit points. After two/three minutes of gameplay, his hit points are reduced by two, without bumping into enemies, and no magical effects affecting Edwin himself! ( i.e.: he starts with 59/59, after three minutes he has 57/59!!!!)
Any confirmation of that? ( I'm playing the game on an iPad...)
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What items does he have equipped?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Robe of vecna, pale green ioun stone, ring of the Ram, ring of Earth Control, cloak of Protection +1, Elves' Bane, Edwin's amulet
    Near as I can tell, it's from the Pale Green Ioun Stone, although for Edwin's hit points that should be a difference of 6, not 2. Do you have any mods installed?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I thought as much. It probably has something to do with the Pale Green Ioun Stone. When you load the game while wearing that thing you lose a few HP. Why did I never report this before anyway?
    edited June 2014
    I have no mods installed. I should try unequip the "pale green ioun stone" and see what may happen...
    @Dee Ninja!

It happens when you load the game while wearing it. I just finished reporting it.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    ...as issue 8604 I might add.
    Tresset said:

@Dee Ninja!

It happens when you load the game while wearing it. I just finished reporting it.

Then, it is recommended to unequip the ioun stone before saving the game? In so doing, when I load that game, Edwin's hit points will show correctly?
    It sounds that way, yes; although it's only two hit points, so you may decide it's an acceptable risk. We should have the problem resolved in the next BGII patch, at any rate.
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the information, Dee!
    Anyway, this problem affects only Edwin or any character equipping that ioun stone ?
    If it's caused by the ioun stone, then it'll affect anyone wearing it.
    Thanks again! From this point further, I'll pay attention to this detail...
    What you can do is give it to a character with a regenerating item so that they quickly regain the HP they lose when you load the game. Even if you don't do this, you will still start with more HP than you would have without the ioun stone. Probably best just to keep it on.
    Tresset said:

What you can do is give it to a character with a regenerating item so that they quickly regain the HP they lose when you load the game. Even if you don't do this, you will still start with more HP than you would have without the ioun stone. Probably best just to keep it on.

Yes, you're right. I'd better keep it on... ( in so doing, Edwin's HP will be 57/59 instead of 54/54)