Skip to content

What should I do?

abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
Sorry to start yet another discussion, but I have a serious problem. I'm in Watcher's Keep and, showing an incredible lack of foresight, I activated the portal to The Imprisoned One in the middle of the third key fight. Now, my save starts off with Minsc and Nalia dead and the rest of the party (except Charname) at about half health.
  1. What should I do?22 votes
    1. Keep trying
      40.91%
    2. Go back to my last save, which is before I had done any quests
      36.36%
    3. Start a new game
      13.64%
    4. Other (specify, please)
        9.09%

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Sorry when you say you haven't done any quests I assume you mean in watcher's keep. Or do you mean generally (like in irenicus's dungeon).
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Just kidding ;)
    Why would you start a new game? If you're playing no-reload, you could simply abandon Watcher's Keep no? And resurrect Nalia and Minsc. I you're not playing no-reload, you could use your last save, although if that save is from straight out of Irenicus' dungeon it would amount to starting a new game...
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I'd CTRL+R all around if need be. It is so majorly painful to go back several hours.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    XD cheat like crazy ctrl-y + ctrl-r

Seriously though its up to you.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Potions of invisibility, run, hide, resurrect, run, take back staff, run, hide, buff your party and kill 'em all!!!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    elminster said:

Sorry when you say you haven't done any quests I assume you mean in watcher's keep. Or do you mean generally (like in irenicus's dungeon).

Yeah I can't vote without knowing the answer to this.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    In that save, I hadn't done ANY quests except for leaving Irenicus's dungeon.

Just kidding ;)
    Why would you start a new game? If you're playing no-reload, you could simply abandon Watcher's Keep no? And resurrect Nalia and Minsc. I you're not playing no-reload, you could use your last save, although if that save is from straight out of Irenicus' dungeon it would amount to starting a new game...

Minsc's and Nalia's gear is in the middle of the battle with the final guardians. It would be difficult to resurrect both of them, have them grab their gear with 1 hp in the middle of a fight, and then leave without anyone dying (again). Though it is possible. I'm between starting a new game and doing what you suggested. Thanks for the help, everyone.
    @enqenq, @iavasechui: I can't do any of those, because I play on a mobile device.
    0_0 I can't even imagine playing baldur's gate without the ability to cheat. I mean I don't use the cheat codes often because its really not as fun if you cheat, but losing the ability to do so altogether? 0_0 I'm so glad I have the pc version....
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    You could always just export charname and redo Irenicus's dungeon (along with all the other quests). At least then it won't be a total loss.
    I did export Charname so my progress with him is not lost. I have this Invoker I've been really wanting to play, so I might do that.

The problem with that is that I'll have to beat undead with standard methods (attack them). My cleric was able to turn lichs; too bad the last battle is not made up of undead, otherwise I would've beaten it long ago.
    And I won't have magical weapons...that's depressing...
    I have made my decision.

I will start over again with the intention of getting Crom Faeyr, beating Watcher's Keep, etc.
    Of course. I'm having second thoughts.
    Okay. I made a party with my level 31 fighter from BP2. My party is going to be well balanced, but eventually it's going to fall apart a bit. My party will consist of Charname, Minsc, Edwin, aAnomen, Hexxat, and Haer'Dalis. I call it the Explosive Party, because there will be inner party fights. But that's what makes it so fun. Plus, I can fill in Edwin with Imoen and Hexxat with Keldorn, which I'm planning to do once both of those leave my party.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    The reason being, you will feel epic if you get out alive.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Turn your single player saved game into multi. Export characters, load a previous save (or of there is not one, convert a previous single into multi...), load it and import...
    edited June 2014
    I believe he said mobile device.... I'm not sure how multiplayer exploits work that.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    There is always a way
  • kitasemuatanahkitasemuatanah Member Posts: 12
    There must be a way out of that situation. It'll make you feel epic like Anduin said if you got through with that.
    Thanks for all the help, but I already gave up. Maybe I shouldn't have...