Skip to content

The Trickiest Thief Class v.2

2»

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Assassins. I find mage's that simply explode quite hilarious.
    2422 Damage... can't argue with that... o.O
  • jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    Elrandir said:

Assassin with a crossbow. The last thing you will never see.

Makes me think of the assassin from Robin Hood: Men in Tights

This title sounds weird. It's as if the entire Robin Hood cast wears leotards and unitards. And yeah, they are indeed... Merry men.

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @jacobtan‌ It's a comedy. They have an entire song about how they're men in tights. It's actually pretty good. 4/5 stars from the fox.
    Elrandir said:

@jacobtan‌ It's a comedy. They have an entire song about how they're men in tights. It's actually pretty good. 4/5 stars from the fox.

Sounds fun. Any of them does the Sharon Stone leg crossing-uncrossing routine?
    Maybe? I don't know what you're referring to.
    Elrandir said:

Maybe? I don't know what you're referring to.

Oh, it's a bit X-rated. Not for underage boys :P
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    CaloNord said:

Assassins. I find mage's that simply explode quite hilarious.
    2422 Damage... can't argue with that... o.O

And that because you haven't yet seen a Kensai/Assaasin (multikit mod) in BG2, where STR bonus also gets multiplied...
    I got 133 with a dagger (7 from STR, 3 from the dagger, 7 from Kensai & Assassin class bonuses, 2 from equipment * 7), and that without buffing nor being at max Kensai level :)
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Thieves are definitely myy favorite class in the game. Having no good arguments to pick one option over the other, I went with Swashy for sentimental reasons: the first character I completed SoA with 10-12 years ago... Never finished ToB with him because my game kept crashing at Yaga-Shura's lair (unmodded game, must have been an issue with my disc). Anyway it's a very good class, arguably the best Thief class in the late game as they give up the one Thieves' perk that decreases in effectiveness come late SoA and ToB while getting very nice bonuses in return.
    I find the Bounty Hunter really appealing as well, RP-wise but also mechanically. I would like to play one (possibly an edited Cleric/Bounty Hunter multiclass) who simply doesn't do battle. He/she would completely rely on stealth and traps (and maybe summons, as a Cleric) to take care of foes. Obviously this won't work in the harder encounters, but the concept of the Bounty Hunter who is never seen by anyone appeals to me.
    The Assassin is yet another completely unique type of character. I've never tried a pure Assassin, because I think their Thief Thac0 is a bit low. Would be nice if they got a bigger Thac0 bonus when attacking from stealth than other characters (Thieves, Rangers) who attack from stealth, because backstabs are really their one skill...
    jacobtan said:

Oh, it's a bit X-rated. Not for underage boys :P

Well that would explain why I haven't seen it. Although I'm a man now! Men in tights isn't exactly a kid's movie either. =p (Though for some reason I first saw it when a young child...)