Skip to content

Hint toggle

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
edited June 2014 in Feature Requests
Pressing tab shows some hints and highlights some objects. It'd be nice to have an option where it's always on. I looked through the keys in BG2EE and couldn't find this. Would simply remapping it to capslock or numlock work? I guess I could tape down tab, but it's pretty annoying having to hit it so often to see things. So this is just a request for a future patch to add an ini line or toggle in game so that players can opt to have it always on.

Edit: It looks like an ini. line has been added for Android gamers to always have hints and highlights activated. Can we get this feature added to other platforms, please?
Post edited by Jidokwon on

Comments

• ShieTarShieTar Member Posts: 3
    I agree that this would be nice to have for all platforms. My solution for a Windows-PC has always been the tool called "Autohotkey" and a script that toggles Tab on a certain key combination. I still have to enable it every time I change maps, but its still better than taping your keys down ;-)
  • ZakinjoZakinjo Member Posts: 1
    Pressing TAB key (or having hilighting permanenty ON) should also highlight NPCs like merchants (blue circle under them)
    AND it should also show exit locations because I've read some users (like those on iTab) don't have mouse cursor and cannot find exit from a scene.

Putting a cursor over thieving button displays "F5 - thieving" avter few seconds. It would be better if this would be displayed instantly as you hover over the button.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Zakinjo said:

Pressing TAB key (or having hilighting permanenty ON) should also highlight NPCs like merchants (blue circle under them)
    AND it should also show exit locations because I've read some users (like those on iTab) don't have mouse cursor and cannot find exit from a scene.

Both of these things will be in the next patch, actually.
    Putting a cursor over thieving button displays "F5 - thieving" avter few seconds. It would be better if this would be displayed instantly as you hover over the button.
    You can do this already by pressing Tab while hovering. You can also set the Tooltip Delay in Options > Gameplay; the left-most position of the slider is instant.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Will there be an option to disable TAB, just like the old BG days that required you to mouse over to get an action icon?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Will there be an option to disable TAB, just like the old BG days that required you to mouse over to get an action icon?

You mean, aside from not using it?
    elminsterItomon
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274

I originally installed the trilogy mod specifically for the ability to use tab in BG1... cannot fathom why anyone would want it permadisabled....
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I just looked through the v1.3.2064 patch notes and baldur.ini (on PC) and didn't see this added. Did the option to always have hints and highlights activated get added?