Skip to content

Are there new quests NOT related to the new NPC's?

Ok, so maybe I'm imagining things, but I just did this quest I don't ever remember doing in the original baldur's gate. Most of the stuff I remember, but some guy in Beregost was asking about his son, who he shouldn't have let travel when it's so dangerous. I found the caravan, brought back jewelry, easy quest. I just don't remember it. I can chalk it up to poor memory or whatever, but now I'm curious if there are other quests. Any thoughts? Thanks for your time!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    "Are there new quests NOT related to the new NPC's?"

No.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think the only new item that can be obtained that is not associated with a new NPC is Ir'revrykal, the unholy reaver sword in Watcher's Keep.

The Black Pits don't require the new NPCs I guess...
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited June 2014
    SethDavis said:

I usually find out about things a couple months after they're done.

Welcome. My work is exactly the same. My job has changed, my boss has changed to someone else, then back again. I even got a bloody pay rise no one told me about.

Apparently it's need to know and I don't need to know.

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    elminster said:

"Are there new quests NOT related to the new NPC's?"

No.

Not exactly, @elminster‌ - the one the OP mentioned, Mr. Colquetle's quest, is not related to the new NPCs and was not in the original game. It's an example of "unfinished business" which the original devs clearly intended (this was obvious from the original dialogues) but never actually got around to implementing, which has now been implemented in BG1ee.

Overhaul can get away with this example because it was part of the intended original content, so they can class it as a "fix" rather than "new". However, because their contract forbids tampering with original content, it is unlikely that they'd introduce wholly-new quests which could be accessed without the new NPCs.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809

However, because their contract forbids tampering with original content, it is unlikely that they'd introduce wholly-new quests which could be accessed without the new NPCs.

A contract I find both great and INSANELY annoying at the same time. It would be better if it prevented tampering with the original quests and story content other then bug fixing but allowed the introduction of new quests and new content NOT related to and/or interfering with the original story. No reason to prevent the game from becoming MORE then it once was is there?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.