Skip to content

Glitching through walls

ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
Heya, ran into a weird bug in Sarevok's labyrinth. My characters kept glitching through the walls their for some reason happened four times till I got to the end. Don't know if this is important but I was using the triangle formation for my party.

Just a minor annoyance but yeah.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It isn't this bug is it? If that is not the issue could you please be more specific as to what is happening?
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Ah, no, the fog of war was gone for that area the character was in. I could try to recreate the glitch and record it. No promises that it will work though :/
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Ok, no, sorry, can't get any capturing software to run with BG -.-'
    But I think it's the same glitch that needed to be exploited in vanilla BG2 for speedruns.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited June 2014

But I think it's the same glitch that needed to be exploited in vanilla BG2 for speedruns.

Could be, and if so, fixing it will inquire lots of delving around the source codes.
    In vanilla BG1, the 'bump' some characters give to another to pass didn't exist (it was introduced by BG2:SoA), so it was very difficult for this to happened (strangely, this kind of bug happened much more :P).

Also, I would ask for you to take screenshots form where it happens, so I can try to replicate it myself. A saved game would be also nice, but not needed in this case (since I have one myself).

Edit: you can press Alt+Enter (return) to play the game in a window and not fullscreen, which will make recording easier.