Skip to content

Unlimited Arrow +2?

Is there somewhere in BG:EE (just the first game) where I can buy an unlimited supply of Arrow +2? I know I can get unlimited Bullet +2 from Ulgoth's, but dunno where to get Arrow +2. Also, if you know where I can get Bolt +2 in unlimited supply (if possible) that would be awesome!

Comments

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Unfortunately, no--there is no quiver of plenty for arrow +2 in BGEE. Black Pits, though, does have one merchant who is selling a quiver of plenty for arrow +1 but even that quiver isn't available in regular BGEE. The code for that item is "quiver01.itm" if you want it.

If you really are able to obtain a quiver for +2 bullets then you must be running some mod.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    He doesn't mean the BG2 Quiver/Case/Bag of Plenty, @Mathsorcerer‌ - he's talking about unlimited quantities purchasable in shops.

In answer to your question, @Alistar2013‌ - nowhere, so far as I recall.
  • Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68
    Tresset said:

You can get unlimited arrows of fire +2 by hunting kobolds in the firewine ruins.

i just found that out the other day!! hahaha. I spent hours harvesting for coran and imoen(now imoens are all stashes in kagain's house while she levels her mage half) I have like 800 of them in one of the barrels at kagain's hahaha

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

He doesn't mean the BG2 Quiver/Case/Bag of Plenty, @Mathsorcerer‌ - he's talking about unlimited quantities purchasable in shops.

Ah so. An infinitesimal misunderstanding on my part.
    Tresset said:

You can get unlimited arrows of fire +2 by hunting kobolds in the firewine ruins.

I have never spent a long time there farming for arrows--I didn't even know that you could.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Where in Ulgoth's are you getting unlimited +2 bullets? From what I can tell the store doesn't have an unlimited amount of them. At least not in BGEE.

You can buy 2500 +2 arrows in the Sorcerous Sundries. That should be more than enough.
  • Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
    I gotta stop believing the stupid wiki then! It fills my eyes with LIES!

Its possible that was the case in the original or some kind of bug. I really don't know.
  • Alistar2013Alistar2013 Member Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    elminster said:

Its possible that was the case in the original or some kind of bug. I really don't know.
    Probably it'd be nice if there were more people to update the wiki cause sometimes it isn't specific about which game that things are available in. I personally have updated some things on there, but it's impossible to do everything. :(

EDIT: Also my original game CD's are scratched to hell so there's no way for me to check that version unfortunately :(
    I mean its a 15 year old game. The fact that there is a wiki (and especially one that actually has a fair bit of information and that is still being updated) is by itself astounding. The Icewind Dale series for instance doesn't have one (at least not as far as I'm aware).

Regarding the bullets/arrows/bolts attached you will find a rar file. Take the STO file found in it and throw it into your override folder. It hopefully should allow Ulgoth's Inn to sell unlimited Arrows +2, Bullets +2, and Bolts +2. I think this will require a new game however it may not.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Elminster I don't think it is a bug. It is just that the store sold a lot of bullets +2 and back in the day you couldn't tell how many were in stock unless you bought them all. I am sure people just assumed they were infinite.

A quick check with NI confirms that the bullets were limited back in the day.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    It wouldn't be that hard to do yourself if you were inclined to do some modding.