Skip to content

Weird Playthrough, I need advice.

PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
I'm planning a weird playthrough, and I need some advice.

The idea is a full trilogy playthrough with some mods (SCS, item randomized and something else).
What's weird in that?
Well... I have 3 dogs and a cat, and I want them to be my party.
I would like to create a multiplayer party so I can create 5 characters (me and my 4 pets).
I would like to change the animations of the character:
1) I want my dobermann to look like a wolf (a black one or something like that).
2) My apricot poodle should look like Rufie (the albert's dog)
3) my black poodle should look like .... I don't know, I will see which animation will fit better (it's smaller than the dobermann)
4) my cat will be a cat.

First question:
Can I do that? (I'm going to jailbreak my iPad, so I'll be able to full mod the game).

Race and class:
I don't care much about the race, but I want them to be of a class fitting with their "personality".

The dobermann is going to be the main fighter. I think he could be a Paladin.
The black Poodle is the coward, she likes to hide and bark at everything that make a single sound, so she's going to be the thief/rogue.
The cat is going to be a diviner (her sixth sense will help me with metagaming a bit).
The apricot poodle is the smallest of the dogs, and I have no idea wich class should be best for her.

I don't want them to use ranged weapons, because it will be unrealistic (if someone has a good idea, I will appreciate a lot).

My charname could be a Druid, but I don't like druids very much. He could be a ranger, but I want to cover all basic classes, so it depends on the other choices.

Second question:
Help me pick the classes for my party.

Third question:
Which mods would you install to improve my idea?

I will wait for the 1.3 patch on iPad, so I'm in no rush, but I'll need some time to test everything.

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    The EE Keeper can change the appearance of the characters. Although there are only a couple of dogs to choose from and I don't think the EE Keeper works on iPad, though I could be wrong about that.
    You're best bet is to make them as humans, set all the stats and classes you want and put the portraits on the animals how you want them then use the EE Keeper to change the model into the dog.
    They also won't have little models in the inventory.
  • XanthulXanthul Member Posts: 57
    I haven't tried it in BGEE but I remember certain paperdolls could make the game crash when you equipped some items (for example equipping a sword in the Elminster avatar), so you could have some problems with that. Still worth a shot though.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @CaloNord‌
    EE Keeper works with iPad.
    If the iPad is not jailbreaked it can do few things, But I'm goint to jailbreak it, so I will be able to edit anything.
    Of course I'll need a computer to do the modifications, but I'll be able to copy everything in the iPad.

I'll need a couple of wolf, a dog and a cat animations. I think there're enough. I'm not sure I will be able to use all of them in BG2EE...

My main concern is the model in the inventory. It would be awesome to change it. I hope some wizard of mods will be able to help me there (but I could live without it).

@Xanthul‌
    That is my fear.
    I don't know if I can equip a cat with a sword... If I can't I will edit all the character with EE Keeper to give them some attack bonuses with their unarmed attack, but it's my ultimate resort.
    If you'd like I can do some testing in a minute? See what does and doesn't work?
    I would appreciate a lot :)
    I can't test anything until a couple of days.
    Okay :) I'll have a tinker and get back to you soon :)
    @CaloNord‌
    That's wonderful.
    Now I know I'll be able to do my playthrough as intended :)
    Sure will ;) If you need anything let me know :) I'm always around :)
    Yes, I should mention and agree with my esteemed colleagues. This is a great and as far as I can remember original idea for a play through! Look forward to following along if you'd like to keep us all posted? :D
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Oh boy, this gun be gud.
    Can't wait! :D:D Haven't been this happy since I found out @lolien‌ was doing a play through! :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*can't stop laughing

Reminds me a bit about this
    edited July 2014
    Monks is a very good idea.

1 option:
    Dobermann - Monk
    Black Poodle - Monk
    Apricot Poodle - Monk
    Cat - Monk
    Charname - F/M/T

Monks can cure themselves, so i won't really need a cleric/healer.

2 option:
    Dobermann - Monk
    Black Poodle - Thief
    Apricot Poodle - cleric/illusionist
    Cat - diviner
    Charname - Ranger (or any warrior type)

I could use this lineup in 2 different way:
    I could use my pets without weapon at all (magic-users will only cast magic, the thief will onlys use her skill and traps). So Charname will be the only weapon wielder in the party.
    Or I could decide to give daggers to the Black poodle (they are quite similar to claws).
    But the best thing would be to use this:

I was leaning towards,
    Dobermann - Berserker
    Black Poodle - Monk
    Apricot Poodle - cleric/illusionist
    Cat - Thief
    Charname - Ranger or Druid.

That would do for me ;)
    That would be a good party :)
    And don't forget I have a sixth slot for a NPC.