Skip to content

Saved Game

Well met, Traveller I have a macintosh laptop. Yet I had windows running on it. Yesterday I deleted the partition don't ask me why which had all my baldurs gate saved files which are nowhere to be found. I left just at the beginning of chapter 6! I want to finish the story. I have the game yet I don't want to do a whole run again. Is there a save file I can use from anywhere or something to port me to chapter 6 thanks!

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    edited June 2014
    Tough gig buddy... There are so many variables between Irenicus' dungeon & the Underdark that I'm pretty sure nobody could put you in exactly the same place... Not with the same companions, equipment & XP.

Might have to be a reroll... which is unfortunate, but at leafy might give you the chance to try a few different options.
  • NizarNizar Member Posts: 17
    Guys can someone help me, What is leafy? I don't use the EE. Can I do a speedrun through the main quest and than buff my characters Like how much the characters range at chapter 6 I remember it was like between 7 and 9 If I only do the main quest I think I'll be fine :) but I need your tips!
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Maybe if someone can give you a save game from the chapter 6, you can replace charname with yor own. However, i have not one unfortunatelly.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Nizar said:

What is leafy?

A typing error; @abacus meant to say "least", not "leafy".

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

Nizar said:

What is leafy?

Damn You Autocorrect!
    Hey guys I figured in the cheat codes! with Ctrl+C I can move to chapter 6!!! which is awesome. So If I add whole my party again the same guys :) With the items etc than just move to chapter 6 will it work thanks?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Nizar said:

Hey guys I figured in the cheat codes! with Ctrl+C I can move to chapter 6!!! which is awesome. So If I add whole my party again the same guys :) With the items etc than just move to chapter 6 will it work thanks?

You could use the commands CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ITEMNAM"), CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("#######"), CLUAConsole:AddSpell("SPELLNAM"), CLUAConsole:AddGold("#####") to make it faster :)
    And yes, it should work.
    Hey guys when I do that Game Crashes after saving :((( I add everyone to party but when I save boom. Help please is doing a quick run without sub quests are my best bet?
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    There is a save from @ronaldo‌ that may help you here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/514790/#Comment_514790

I don't know if it will work but if it does it is closer then you are at the moment. ;)
    Mine is not EE though :):(
    Awww damn, that makes that a little trickier! I don't even have a copy of the original installed at the moment. I'll check around and get back to you soon. :)
    Wow Calo I really appreciate it thanks :)
    No problems mate, it's why I keep turning up here. That and Elminster. :P
    Try this one, it may or may not work... ;)
    It didn't but thanks for the effort :)
    God damn it saves! Hahaha it could also be a version mismatch or mods that you don't or do have that the save doesn't. I can't find anymore right now, sorry mate. :/
    No problems! If you need anything else, or just want to join in the fun! We're always here :) Enjoy! :D
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725

Nizar said:

What is leafy?

What? No matter where I go I hear about our dear @meatleaf *cough* @meagloth‌
    He's NEVER going that shake that nickname...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    *sigh*