I wanted to go through BG:EE again but I am having some problems.
I was using the same installation that had no problems before.
I have a new videocard, new CPU and bought a pair of headphones (spidf) since the last time i played.
The game sound however is going through my speakers, the amp for the headset is turned off.
I'm using an X-Fi titanium card with 5.1 speakers.
- updating drivers but they are the latest creative release.
- Adding openAL32.dll to my baldur.exe folder
- installing openal.exe
- reïnstalling BGEE
- Disabling environmental audio through the ini.
- it also happens in BG2:EE
When I load my (new) game sound first functions normally.
- whenever a soundeffect plays, for example:
- opening a barrel
- entering the menu through esc.
Some sound stop working, for example:
- PC/and NPC voice sounds
- Sound effects from barrels/chests
- Sound effects from menu buttons
- Weapon swing sounds
Sounds that do work are:
- ambient sounds (background sounds)
- spell vocals and effects
Upon entering a new area sounds work again. Also there seem to be certain triggers that make sounds work again but they seem random.
Can anyone help me? A BGEE playthrough is on my to-do list in my vacation.