Skip to content

Is there a way, for you to import your BG1 original "saved game", into the 1EE, and load it there???

I tried to import characters, it worked! I tried to import a saved game (mission pack, mostly for getting the backdoor way endgame items early on...), and it did not work, it did not even display in the load screen list! So, is there any way that you can load your 1original saved game in 1EE, or this is impossible?

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Unfortunately not. Both Enhanced Editions use the same engine, from where Throne of Bhaal left off, so the entire file system that the original game uses is different from that of the Enhanced Editions.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    If you wanted to get the endgame items you can just add them to your save with the EEKeeper and set all the stats and levels you used to have accordingly. :)
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    edited July 2014
    CaloNord said:

If you wanted to get the endgame items you can just add them to your save with the EEKeeper and set all the stats and levels you used to have accordingly. :)

No, no cheats/edits, thank you! I am a modest, humble, cheese-merchant! Importing some of my original stash characters and main from original, will do!

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Maybe it might work if your original game was played using Tutu.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Awong124 said:

Ah, no, never been into that (mods). One of the reasons i decided to try out that EE. Been hearing lots of good things about mods, for a long time now... But i cannot forgive some of them, that try to nerf and balance things out. Like overpowered skills, or removal of exploits/cheese.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

Awong124 said:

Ah, no, never been into that (mods). One of the reasons i decided to try out that EE. Been hearing lots of good things about mods, for a long time now... But i cannot forgive some of them, that try to nerf and balance things out. Like overpowered skills, or removal of exploits/cheese.
    BGEE is basically just Tutu with a whole lot of bugfixes. Not that Tutu was particularly buggy to begin with in my experience. But BGEE is definitely an improvement over Tutu in that everything is already done and more user friendly.