Skip to content

[Known 6946] Multiplayer Bug

MillamberMillamber Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
My friend and I were playing Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, when we tried to leave the starting dungeon, and found our computers hung when we both hit Done to Chapter transition. He had to re-host the map, and then I had to wait... is there any way around this, like a forced patch or anything? Neither of us have gotten this far due to buggy versions of the game when it originally came out, so we don't know when we'll have to deal with a Chapter transition.

Help anyone?

Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    This is a known issue and should be dealt with in the next patch.
  • MillamberMillamber Member Posts: 2
    Oh awesome, thank you for the information... will the patch go through Steam and be relatively soon you think, or do they already have a set date?
    elminster
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I do not know and I am sure that they won't release any hard set dates. If you are curious about the patch for BG1:EE you can read about it here. That is about as much as anyone really knows about when the patch is coming out.

Trent recently said something on twitter about hoping to get the BG2:EE patch out within two months but I am not sure exactly when he said that. @elminster would know I think... I am not good at social networks.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Technically speaking it was Trent's "personal hope" that the patch would be out in 2 months. He wrote this on twitter on June 18th.

That said I'm under the impression that BG2EE hasn't started public beta testing for the next patch (there is a sign up for it but as far as I know its not been officially started). In the past this kind of testing has ranged with Beamdog from a month long (BGEE 1.2) to 4 months long (BGEE 1.3) and given that BG2EE is a much larger game I wouldn't be surprised if 1.3 for BG2EE comes out later than August 18th.

Also in the past the time between when Beamdog customers get a patch and when Steam customers get that past has varied. The first few patches for BGEE took awhile to get to Steam, while 1.2 for BGEE and 1.2.2030 for BG2EE rolled out pretty quickly to Steam, so hopefully the latter would be the case in a future patch for BG2EE. I really don't know.
    Tresset