Skip to content

Walking bug *non issue*

Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
edited November 2012 in Fixed
I remember that last 3 times that I played BG2 SOA (With TOB, patched and unmodded in WinXP x86 in 2 different PCs) I had an annoying bug: Suddenly I started walking and I had a "stutter"(The character stands for a fraction of a second and I had to give him orders again so he moved).It gets worse, as time went by the "stutter" lasted longer and eventually I couldnt walk because in less than one second the character stopped and waited for orders.

I recall that it could happen anywhere (But it was specially probable in the Underdark) so I had to make lots of backups just in case the "stutter bug" kicked in (That was very annoying and kind of nearly killed the gaming experience for me because I was too nervous worrying about the bug.

If the bug was mentioned or fixed sorry for bringing it up again.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    That was happening to me in AR5200 due to a rogue script there:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1133/bug-from-bg1-ar5200-doesnt-like-full-mages

Otherwise... not happenin' in BGEE.
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    What is this ar5200?
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    edited August 2012
    Oh, its an area? Was the fix applied to the area or the whole game?
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    It was an issue with a script for the area. Try walking a character with less than 5HP through the area with the dryad and dead cat girl. You end up constantly stopping your actions and reverting to a combat pose. It's clearly not the same issue, but it's the closest I've come across. Whatever it is you've encountered may have been the result of memory loss or other resource drains- particularly with the cumulative effect- something that's been cleaned up in BGEE- but ultimately I can only say it hasn't been an issue during months of testing.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    I've never encounter this in my many months of beta testing BG:EE. Will mark this as non issue.
  • mhabijanmhabijan Member Posts: 18
    This just happens to me with my protagonist in the tavern of the drow city, any news on the bug. How do I stop it?
  • NassauNassau Member Posts: 4
    Same problem here, just before getting the quest to kill the beholder inside the Drow city, stuttering to the point of unplayability; only the walk is stuttered, no preformance issue... looks like a script issue... My game is non-modded steam bg2ee. Definately not a "non-issue" imo.
  • krochrotkrochrot Member Posts: 3
    I'm having the exact same issue as Nassau. It also started in the Underdark. Any suggestions?
  • hornedgoathornedgoat Member Posts: 1
    Same here. After duels in drow city tavern, main character started to stutter - constantly entering in attack stance. Very annoying. I started new game with exported character, and the problem continues. Is it recoverable?