Skip to content

Hexxat quest dialog makes no sense if you have high intelligence *Spoiler Alets*

I came across the quest where i have to bring the casque of imprisonment to the lich in his dungeon, while for most parts i really liked the dungeon. One thing made utterly no sense for me i have a character with 25 intelligence or if you don't sort of replay or Work around chances are most high skilled mages would lay around 19-21 by throne of bhaal, the dungeon have journals laying around that so obviously hints forward the lich already expecting this event and been making a duplicate of himself using simulacrum with Water and ice. Why does my character with such high intelligence have to act like she is completely oblivious to this possibility when even i can figure it out with my intelligence level outside? Please consider fixing this in a future patch or remove the journals its ridicilous.

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I'm sorry, but we're not going to cater to stats you pretty much have to cheat to achieve. ;) It's hard enough to cater for all types of normal characters, let alone superheroes.
  • BarzarelBarzarel Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2014
    LiamEsler said:

I'm sorry, but we're not going to cater to stats you pretty much have to cheat to achieve. ;) It's hard enough to cater for all types of normal characters, let alone superheroes.

For 25 int yah quite possibly but 20-21 is no hard to get not even 21-22, book of intelligence baldur's gate 1 is 1 point, watcher keep floor 4 Circle-Blue-Long grants you a +1 bonus to Intelligence is one more point. That makes the intelligence 20 if your base was 18 and 21 if your base intelligence was 19. Then you can also use a Ion stone for the additional 1 point. So its not exactly unachievable without cheating. Which is over super genius which is 19int according to AD&D rule set, so my arguement still stands.

I don't see why you can't have a dialog option that just let the play suggest this? like:

Charname int check response: "Could be he made a copy of himself"

Hexxat: Possibly, but we still need to find him.

Don't see how that be so hard and complicated?
    Tresset said:

Melissan makes everyone look stupid...

Good point, just still not sure it makes my point any less valid, does it?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited July 2014
    It's unfortunate, but this is consistent with the BG series as a whole. 99% of the time there's no difference between a character with 3 INT/WIS and a character with 18 INT/WIS when it comes to dialog and the like.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on