18 +2 +4 0
19 +2 +5 0
20 +2 +5 1
21 +2 +6 2
22 +2 +6 3
23 +2 +6 4
24 +2 +7 5
25 +2 +7 6

There are items that say they add regen over time for instance "Ring of Regeneration" (wearer regenerates 1 hp every 6 seconds. Thats 1 hp every round, at 24 constitution you get 5hp regen a turn wich is 10 rounds. So the Beneficial regen of 24 constitution is only half that of the ring of regeneration. Combined they would give you 3 hp regeneration per 2 rounds in theory.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    No. At 25 you regen 6 HP / turn. It does not stack.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    Nah it doesn't stack. When it comes to the constitution regeneration apart from having a use for healing from travelling between areas it really isn't all that useful.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    JitterBug said:

There are items that say they add regen over time for instance "Ring of Regeneration" (wearer regenerates 1 hp every 6 seconds. Thats 1 hp every round, at 24 constitution you get 5hp regen a turn wich is 10 rounds. So the Beneficial regen of 24 constitution is only half that of the ring of regeneration. Combined they would give you 3 hp regeneration per 2 rounds in theory.

Re your ninja edit: CON regen should stack with the ring, yes.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    What takes precedence? The stronger regen or the CON based regen?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Stonger regen should always take precedence, AFAIK.
  • JitterBugJitterBug Member Posts: 37
    Thats unfortunate.
  • SFJakeSFJake Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    Hum, much misinformation here or did the EE versions change this?

I've toyed with generation far too much to not know. Every source of regeneration is totally independent and as such they work with each other. They are also not always synchronized, which can make this more obvious.

Regeneration also comes at twice the speed under haste.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2014
    Elrandir said:

What takes precedence? The stronger regen or the CON based regen?

The itm/spl/eff given Regeneration, and that regeneration stacks (so, yeah, two Rings of Regen will work together).
    Edit: not only the strongest or similar non-CON-Regen effects stack, all of them do (unless this was changed in the EE).
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Why wouldn't it stack anyway ? You have a high Con you regen, you wear the Ring of Gaxx you regen more, you drink a Potion of Regeneration you regen even more. The same way having a weapon +3 and 19 Str (+7) gives you +10 damage.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Gotural‌ it's how the engine handles CON regen, it isn't actually and effect like the Ring of Regeneration, and it caused slowdowns (I say slowdowns but it caused crashes, save corruption etc too) if working alongside of poison and many other semi-permanent constantly-triggering effects (it's the same case of movement rate being affected by regen and Drow form).
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited July 2014
    Just tested in out in vanilla BG2 (GOG version). I had a character with axe of unyielding +5 (3 HP/round) and ring of regeneration (1 HP/round). I turned on auto-pause at end of round. Some rounds I'm regenerating 3 HP, other rounds I'm regenerating 4 HP. I then repeated the test in BG2:EE and got the same results. I had done this same test (the BG2:EE test) prior to making my previous comment, but I guess I didn't wait long enough (just saw my character regenerate 3 HP/round).

I thought I had read something about only identical rates of regen stacking a while back, and I thought I had confirmed it with my initial test, but now I'm not really sure what's going on.

Edit: Just realized that during my BG2:EE test my character was wearing Wong Fei's Ioun Stone as well, so I would expect 5 HP/round regen. Yet I'm still getting a mix of 3 HP/round and 4 HP/round.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    I think there may have been a change to this in the beta. There was some issue (#7364) where the processing of a regen/poison effect would skip any other similar effects. Hopefully that's been merged in.