Skip to content

Chapter/Quest Question

Hi All,

I have a question about Quests and Chapters. Before I went to Nashkel I was on Chapter 1 and had a number of quests to complete. As soon as I entered Nashkel it started Chapter 2 and the Chapter 1 quests disappeared from the Journal. My questions is, is it now impossible to complete these quests and gain XP/Rewards? I have a save of the point before I went to Nashkel (and started Chapter 2).

Thanks a lot
Dave

Comments

• LookToWindwardLookToWindward Member Posts: 179
    Hi,

Was playing around again and I think I've found the solution! I hadn't realised that there are Direction Arrows on the Journal screen, I can "Left Arrow" to the Chapter 1 Quests - I assume I still get XP/Rewards for completing them?

Thanks
    Dave

• casualtcasualt Member Posts: 35
    Yes you do.
  • FuRYFuRY Member Posts: 21

Hi,

Was playing around again and I think I've found the solution! I hadn't realised that there are Direction Arrows on the Journal screen, I can "Left Arrow" to the Chapter 1 Quests - I assume I still get XP/Rewards for completing them?

Thanks
    Dave

I think there are some quests however that cannot be obtained if you miss them when advancing chapters. My general rule is to avoid the main quest for aslong as possible and look for new ones whilst completing current side quests.

Glad you figured it out anyhow!
    edited March 2014
    Warning - Potential Spoiler???????

The problem with that is that your NPCs get impatient and storm off just when you've got a good team together! It would be good to have an option to switch off the impatience and do the main quest in your own time!
    Not sure if the above is a "Spoiler" if so sorry!
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    It might happen that your NPCs go away when you don't do their specific quest. But when you do it, they won't go away unless you do actions that go against their aligment (rep gets too high or too low).
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited July 2014
    Ah, but at least in the case of a couple of early characters, fulfilling "their" quest by traveling to the appropriate map IS the trigger for the chapter change.

That having been said, there is probably enough time for the time sensitive and chapter sensitive early sidequests before triggering chapter change, IF you don't do any general looting until later. MOST small quests are NOT immediately locked out by the next chapter change or two, if at all.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Yes, the vast majority of side quests and subquests can be completed in any chapter, with the exception of a few which are time-dependent or restricted to certain chapters (specifically main quests and NPC subquests). Don't be surprised if completing the quest doesn't remove it from your "Quests" menu in the Journal and transfers it to the "Done Quests" section; due to dialogue issues, some quests can be rejournaled despite being completed, most notably the Xvart Raids and The Tale of Captain Brage.