Skip to content

BG2 : Watcher KEep final seal battles

Hi guys, my party is around lv25 for each chars.

Main is a sorcerer, anomen, minsc, aerie, haerdalis (dies every round lol), imoen....

I cant seem to beat that party of sucubus, hive mother, drows etc... The hunteress never dies and the Succubus and the other are immune to all my damge (even crom fayr).....

How can i kill them.... I summoned devas and elemental. I use Time Stop to cast Spellstrikes and abi horritus (lv8 clouds)..

Everyone dies so fast in my party. I always attack the right side first to avoid carrion and kill the kensai/priest.

what should i do

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Honestly, I think that battle has to be one of the hardest battles, if not the hardest battle, in the entire game. Thief traps work really well on those guys but I think it is the easy way out. They all seem to have really good magic resistance so I would either lower resistances of the nastiest ones or maybe use spells that bypass magic resistance like Dragon's Breath. Timestop and Improved Alacrity combined with the Robe of Vecna and the Amulet of Power will seriously give your mages the edge if you can do that. I would definitely prebuff as heavily as possible and be careful not to get dispelled. Use as many high level abilities as you can, especially Greater Whirlwind. I would try to take out the huntress first because she uses Called Shot which can quickly cripple someone and prevent them from moving which would make them a sitting duck. Haer'Dalis should try to cast Protection from Magic Weapons when the fight starts so he can hopefully tank the first assault without getting hurt by weapons. Use Planetars and Elemental Princes if possible since they are immune to Death Spell and they pack a serious punch. Breach is extremely useful since it will dispel most of the enemy's protections, including their weapon protections, and it bypasses magic resistance. Try to avoid the melee attackers and take out the ranged attackers and casters first. Y'tossi casts several Protection from Magic Weapons so try to save her for last if possible. Improved Haste is awesome on Anomen, especially if he is also buffed with Righteous Magic, Draw Upon Holy Might, Aura of Flaming Death, Armor of Faith, Magic Resistance, Shield of the Archons, and possibly more if you can fit it on him. In fact, if you get all that stuff on Anomen before hand he can probably carry you through most of the fight. Make sure none of your people are wasting their time being ineffective against someone. If they are not hitting someone then try to breach them or find another target. Make sure you use Hardiness and Armor of Faith with Minsc so he can tank some of the hits. Drink potions of healing as often as you can with your fighters. If Haer'Dalis has nothing better to do then stick him in a corner and make him sing his awesome Enhanced Bard Song to help everyone else out. The Ehnhanced Bard Song will also protect you from the succubus charms.
  • vonbee5040vonbee5040 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you.... but I have to say.... I passed that battle and demogorgon by putting it at ''easy'' and even with all the buffs, the items, skills.... I lost half my party in those fights. About Haerdalis, I never thought about that move........ I basically have every single spell and every ''unique/legendary weapon'' in the game. So I was wondering how come I get owned so bad lol. It's my micromanagement that's lacking... or i got worst that the game... I used to play all the time at Insane and feel it was too easy (that was 10 years ago when I was young :P)...... Thank you for the tips. I should read more about the magic and use the songs