Skip to content

Are there conflicts between BP-Ascension and SCS?

JSearsonJSearson Member Posts: 9
The readme for SCS suggests that there may be problems. Are there? Does anyone have any guidance here?

Comments

• JSearsonJSearson Member Posts: 9
    Specifically could @DavidW and @horredtheplague‌ chime in here maybe? Thanks!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thanks! Though that link doesn't really talk about Ascension at all. I'm not using any of the other components.
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    Read this thread and use the unofficial fix posted. I think it is a SCS bug.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29107/ascension-five-death-script-glitch-spoilers/p1
    I found one bug: I'm not sure if it's BP or SCS or some other mod I'd installed, but the game kept crashing during Ascension. I eventually determined that it happens if you try to control Balthazar during the final battle. He don't like that much. Don't do it and the crash won't happen, though. Just putting it in the thread so if anyone else is running into it, hopefully a google search will bring them here.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Strange, I have both installed and I can control Balthazar just fine.

I've had 3 game-breaking conflicts with the two mods so far, and two of them are known and I fixed manually. Sendai not giving death dialogue, Abazigal turning into Irenicus in the final battle, and a weird one where the game would crash when all of the Five die, which I'm assuming is because of Mel's mortal speech. Reinstalling the mod fixed that bug. Have you tried reinstalling Ascension?