Skip to content

How do YOU play: reloads? SCS? etc.

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Temple reviving is too tedious and time-consuming imo.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    edited July 2014
    I cant stand powerword reload. It breaks all immersion for me and the excitement is lost.This is battle. Otherwise it gets so boring.

DID player, try it people its the best way to play. So fun and exciting.

I have successfully played bg saga, Arcanum, fallout 1,2,3, new vegas, skyrim, oblivion, kotr DID.

I cant play any other way.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    @tennisgolfboll‌
    Agreed 100%. I've finished all those games without death. Another great game for DID style is Jagged Alliance 2.

@subtledoctor‌
    Dead is dead.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    edited July 2014

@tennisgolfboll‌
    Agreed 100%. I've finished all those games without death. Another great game for DID style is Jagged Alliance 2.

@subtledoctor‌
    Dead is dead.

All the good games then! Vampire bloodlines the masquerade is a good game. Ive done DID on it aswell. I recommed it
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Ygramul said:

To be fair to the NPCs in the game: THEY play a No-Reload game against whatever odds you are stacking against them!

Not so. Ever wondered what it looks like from an NPC's point of view when the game crashes just after you've won an epic fight but before you have a chance to save?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    DavidW said:

Ygramul said:

To be fair to the NPCs in the game: THEY play a No-Reload game against whatever odds you are stacking against them!

Not so. Ever wondered what it looks like from an NPC's point of view when the game crashes just after you've won an epic fight but before you have a chance to save?
    Their Power Word: Reload was used an animation with missing BAM resources XD
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    Well, I think I'm somewhere between minimal reloading (only when charname dies) and reloading when a party member dies. During my first runs there was joy to even win a harder fight, so I would go on even with casualties carrying their gear to the temple and replacing them if they got chunked. I moved to reloading when someone dies, since I know I made a mistake or a risk (while fighting or trying to steal something). I would go back to the minimal reload for several runs, but there were so many situations that left me so sad that someone died (which is the point of minimal reload, kind of) that I tend to mix playthroughts between reloading when someone dies, or minimal reload. In both runs I give myself some other restrictions (which I mentioned here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/515545/#Comment_515545). Overall I dislike power/metagaming and having too many mods disturb the game in my opinion.