Skip to content

Nizidramanii'yt: How the heck do I trade my items for the damn goblet!

I grow increasingly frustrated not knowing the correct dialogue path!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He always ends up fighting me!

Comments

• charstringssuckcharstringssuck Member Posts: 13
    I ended up killing it. Apparently there is no way to bargain with the dragon so every FAQ and walkthrough out there is 100% wrong.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    Edit: You should talk with a person that has a higher amount of charisma. Say above 14. You should also have 30,000 gold in your party or greater. I don't think the high charisma is required however but you definitely need that amount of gold for it to be an option.

To avoid a confrontation you have to give everything you own for it. Just from my testing at the moment that looks like that just includes your gold, though the text suggests that it includes your items as well (I didn't find this when I tested it just now). Its possible that a variable wasn't properly firing during my test, but either way talking to him instead of fighting him really isn't worth it.
    CommanderBhaalsemiticgoddess
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Charisma actually doesn't affect the outcome, only his dialogue. You have to ask him flat-out for the goblet instead of trying to manipulate him (and have >= 30k gold, as @elminster says).
    elminsterCommanderBhaalsemiticgoddess
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    DJKajurusemiticgoddess
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    Sergio said:

From what I remember, he takes also all your magical items. Am I wrong?

The statements he makes imply this but when I tested it he just seemed to take my gold. I'm guessing that is probably what the "BlackDragonItems" variable is intended to do, but at least for me it wasn't working correctly when I tested it.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    He takes all your items , as well. I don't really think that's worth the trade.
    semiticgoddess
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    While we're on the subject, did he get buffed in EE or is it just me? I feel like I have a harder time with him than I used to despite the fact that my tactics are a lot more sophisticated than they were when I played Vanilla.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

While we're on the subject, did he get buffed in EE or is it just me? I feel like I have a harder time with him than I used to despite the fact that my tactics are a lot more sophisticated than they were when I played Vanilla.

Do you have SCS installed? It made dragons quite smarter!
    elminster
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    DJKajuru said:

Do you have SCS installed? It made dragons quite smarter!
    Nuh uh. The guy just seems to hit harder, and despite the fact that I'm more likely to use Breach than when I first started playing, I seem to have a much harder time hitting him for heavy damage. Not that I can't win or anything, it just seems to be more difficult for some reason.

• CherudekCherudek Member Posts: 73
    I remember making that deal years ago, when I first played BG2. The fat lizard actually took Boo from Minsc! I had to reload after that.
    Calmar
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    Cherudek said:

I remember making that deal years ago, when I first played BG2. The fat lizard actually took Boo from Minsc! I had to reload after that.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/oh-no-he-didnt.jpg
    DJKajuruCalmar
  • grimbo74grimbo74 Member Posts: 1
    Only way i could get the goblet and keep my stuff was to get all characters to drop all there items then deal with him he disapears with 41000gp and afraid to say boo to but characters get to pick kit up and the goblet
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Whyever would anyone not want to fight the dragon? Fighting dragons is a core concept in D&D!
    Calmar
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Is that why it feels so good to kill Fir-boy? A dragon INSIDE a dungeon?!
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    If only there was a dungeon inside a dragon, we'd be set.
    semiticgoddess
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Maybe there is! Crawl in and find out. If you find any gerbils, sparrows and/or catfish, you know you've got it.
    CalmarTheWhitefire