Skip to content

Crash when resting in the underdark

deamadeama Member Posts: 11
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
The game crashes when resting in the underdark area; I don't know the error cause it doesn't come up with one.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Here's the save file.

I used mods, but Even if I tried to uninstall all of them it still crashed.
I even tried to empty my inventory, no use...

Oh yeah, the slayer form disappeared too.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I don't get the crash. I see some editing in your character (Barbarian abilities while your PC is a Kensai), but nothing that could make a crash. Maybe it's because you are able to memorize 103 Innate Abilities?
    @Tresset‌ / @Gate70‌ / @Troodon80‌ can any of you try if this crashes in Windows please? :)
  • deamadeama Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2014
    Well, it's not everytime I try and rest; just try and mash the rest button a dozen times or so. MMmm; well I could lower the innate abilities thing, I'll give that a shot; but I didn't have this problem when I was above the underdark, even with 103 innate abilities.

EDIT: Nah, it still crashes when I put it to 20 innate max abilities
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited July 2014
    No crash on my end. I see you are using a bag of holding. If you have any modified items in there, can you remove them and try resting again?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2014
    Troodon80 said:

I see you are using a bag of holding. If you have any modified items in there, can you remove them and try resting again?

I checked the bag with NI and it only has non-mod items. Which mods are you using BTW?
    also, when the game crashes, does it make a .dump file? zip/rar and upload that one too please :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What mods were you using?
    edited July 2014
    I'm using the questpack for bg2ee and some custom mods to increase level cap, remove exp cap, and modify the kensai kit. Other than questpack, I modded the rest myself. I tried uninstalling all the mods but it still crashed...

Where would I find the dump file? NVM Found it!
    edited July 2014
    Here are the dump files
    crash.7z 804.9K
    @deama‌ I'm going to move this to the Modding forum, then; we can't offer much in the way of official support for modded installations, but the modder community should be able to help find an answer.
    Yeah but we're not even certain it's the mods...
    What I recommend is this:

Back-up your saved game, and then completely reinstall the game fresh. Then load your save and see if it still crashes. If it crashes, then it wasn't the mods; since no one has been able to reproduce the issue on an unmodded installation, though, it seems highly unlikely that what you're experiencing was caused by the game itself.
    CrevsDaak
    Doesn't matter anymore; I managed to get out of the underdark cause it wasn't frequent enough.