Skip to content

butter knife of balduran

Hi all
Anyone knows what good does this item?
Is it a useless item which i may trash safely or what?
Thanks in advance for any help given.

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    @Kamigoroshi‌ look out, he's got a knife!!
    Pibarojahes64Blackravenjackjack
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I always had a hunch that people who wear top hats are evil. And now I have the evidence for it! °A°
    DreadKhanBlackravenjackjack
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    edited August 2014
    This "item" is not usable. (At-least i am not able to equip it on anyone.)
    You all are joking, right? :?
    atcDave
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    You can trash it. Balduran's MOM gifted it to BALDURAN. Not our OWN ma, not US! Throw the damn thing away! But swing well his sword (in original 1, it was able to kill wolfweres more easily with its added bonuses and all). Also, in original 2, it was unusable too...
    jahes64
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    jahes64 said:

The default item isn't useable, no, but a modicum of editing it makes it quite useful.

Top hats evil? No, Professor Fate isn't evil merely jealous of The Great Leslie.
    elminsterjahes64
    edited August 2014

You can trash it. Balduran's MOM gifted it to BALDURAN. Not our OWN ma, not US! Throw the damn thing away! But swing well his sword (in original 1, it was able to kill wolfweres more easily with its added bonuses and all). Also, in original 2, it was unusable too...

Thanks for clarification.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jahes64 said:

The default item isn't useable, no, but a modicum of editing it makes it quite useful.

Top hats evil? No, Professor Fate isn't evil merely jealous of The Great Leslie.
    How?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another question: Patch 1.3 is going to correct this also?
    Demonoid_Limewire
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    You can use it to spread cheese.

Mmmm, cheese.
    DreadKhanBlackravenjackjack
    Or peanut butter!
    jahes64 said:

How?

How is it useful to auto-kill oozes, slimes, and jellies? This answer is self-evident.

Or how/why is Fate jealous of Leslie? They are both daredevils and Fate's stunts always backfire somehow while Leslie's are a success.
    jahes64
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    Serious answer: No, there is no use for it in either game. It's sole purpose is as a bit of a joke by the developers and some quick gold. The only way to get any use out of it, like @Mathsorcerer‌ did, would be to edit the files themselves or modify the game. If you're interested in doing this, check out the Modding section of the forums.
    jahes64jobby

jahes64 said:

How?

How is it useful to auto-kill oozes, slimes, and jellies? This answer is self-evident.

Or how/why is Fate jealous of Leslie? They are both daredevils and Fate's stunts always backfire somehow while Leslie's are a success.
    How to make it a usable item?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Another question: Patch 1.3 is going to correct this?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2014
    jahes64 said:

Another question: Patch 1.3 is going to correct this?

I don't see why it would (or that there is anything in need of correcting). We're talking about a butter knife here. Its not a dagger.
    jahes64jackjack
    Knives do d3 iirc, but thats more for a sizeable kitchen knife, or something like a kbar fighting knife.
    jahes64
    jahes64 said:

How to make it a usable item?

Using Near Infinity, change "category" from "miscellaneous" to "daggers", give it an equipped appearance such as DD (for daggers), add an item ability for melee that adds the strength bonus, has a reach of 1, a bonus of 4 to hit, and does 1d4+4 piercing damage, then set the enchantment level to 4. Once that is done, apply an effect onto the melee ability--literally, using the "use eff file" opcode 177--which references slimes (ids file 4 for "race", entry 119) and auto-kills them, either by applying the "death" or "slay" effects or enough damage that they couldn't possibly survive it.

elminsterjahes64jackjack
    Thanks for the answers. I am gonna ignore this editing though, since it seem like some sort of cheat!
  • FleshIsADesignFlawFleshIsADesignFlaw Member Posts: 39
    Its usefulness approaches but falls just short of the great Vampiric Sword.
    Nokkenbuer