Skip to content

How is the Shadowdancer?

I remember trying it as soon as it was available, and being disappointed because nothing seemed to work as advertised. Are the problems that plagued the class early in its lifespan gone? Additionally, I'm curious at what people think of the class as a whole, so share your stories if you feel so inclined. I'm busy with my primary play-through (a Shapeshifter), but I'd like a second play-through I can play on the side, and I've always liked the idea of a Shadowdancer.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    What problems specifically are you referring to?
    The only bug that I know of that remains is that the shadowdancer doesn't get a backstab multiplier until level 8 in version 1.2 of BGEE. Version 1.3 of BGEE should be released very soon and it changes things so that your backstab multiplier is instead 1 level behind that of a normal thief (up to 4x damage in BG2EE).
  • TriangleheadTrianglehead Member Posts: 40
    That's good to hear. I figured a lot had changed. When I last played the Shadowdancer, one of the crucial abilities (Shadowstep, I think it was) was not even available, and other weirdness that I unfortunately have forgotten (although I think it had to do with axe proficiencies).

Would you recommend the Shadowdancer?

Would you recommend the Shadowdancer?

I don't see why not. The games can be beaten by any kit or class and if that is what you are interested in then I'd say go for it.
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    I've been thinking about trying one.
    Only tried an illegal fighter / shadowdancer dualclass in BP2... Which needless to say was silly op...
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Shadowdancer are crazy good, I would definitely recommand to play one. But they require a lot of lot of micromanagement so a smaller party is advised.