Skip to content

Shadowkeeper: How to make invincible character

charstringssuckcharstringssuck Member Posts: 13
At this point in Throne of Bhaal, I just want the story, not the extremely frustrating and primitive combat. Actually, the only problem I'm having is when enemies cast magic.

I want to be a god.

So, please, tell me what I should edit. I set magic resistance to 100 on every character, yet, I'm still get level drains and other nonsense. If I was playing on PC, I'd use the ctrl command to kill everything instantly.

EDIT: Throne of Bhaal is ridiculous! I've set healths to 1000, strengths to max, resistances to 255, and yet I still get instant f'ing death! By the way I'm at the part where Gorion unleashes greater wraith and other overpowered enemies.
Post edited by charstringssuck on

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Look at the combat log to see what's killing you.
  • IzichialIzichial Member Posts: 7
    I don't know if resistances suffer from the same number format issue thief skills do, but might want to lower it to 150 or something to be on the safe side.

Have never needed to do anything like this in Keeper, but try lowering AC (don't know if it supports base AC being a negative number but even at 0 it should make a significant difference). Ho hum. Give every character an Amulet of Power, a Ring of Gaxx and if you have the Dorn DLC (I'm assuming you're playing on a tablet or something due to your description) add The Visage (a helm, spoilers for Dorn's SoA quest in item description) to that. Lower saving throws, same caveat as AC.

That should give your characters a wide range of immunities and a high probability of avoiding anything they aren't immune to. If you're still having issues, you need to be specific about what is killing you.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    This might be a good place for someone with links to dump some weird solo playthroughs.

Your issues are tactical, not so much immunity based. BG isnt primitive combatwise, its downright Advanced (Dungeons and Dragons)!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    You need to mod your saves v wands etc... Set them all to -20. It seems your saves v death have not been changed.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Mindflayers will still eat your brains, etc. The game is so unprimitive that Godmode is not really possible, but the right tactics will make the game a cinche. People have soloed beastmasters, melee sorcerers, you name it.

I tried something similar in BG1 ages back, to get back at those dang flamming fist pansies... but I didnt know about saves, so still got slaughtered ehen I finally failed vs Hold Person. :/ then I lesrned how to play.